GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bought a GTI

lyonsroar

GTI newb...
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Got my 2009 with 43k for $15,999...I put $11,000 down at 5.7% interest for 2 years. Plan to pay off in <1 year. First time buyer as well...

Helltime

Ready to race!
Lol. My rate is 14.24%.. Yikes. First time buyer FTL!

Wow, that it nuts! Even when i was a first time buyer a couple years back my highest interest rate was under 7% no co-signer, have you checked rates yourself with a bank or credit union?

TXBDan

Go Kart Champion
Lol. My rate is 14.24%.. Yikes. First time buyer FTL!

Holy shit. You could put it on a credit card for less. You need to shop for a new loan and refinance. At that rate, you'll be paying like 33% of your car's value (like $5k) in interest over 5 years.

shinta

Banned
I know it is too high, but no one is able to co-sign for me at the moment because they themselves are re-financing. I plan to re-finance the loan in a year, but I could buy the car cash today if I wanted, but I need to build history.

Picking up the car tomorrow. The OEM HID's use D2S bulbs, correct? I have two pairs from when I used to own a TSX. My first mod! :)

you don't need a car loan to build your credit, all you need is a credit card, and pay them off each month.

when I got the GTI, I had less than perfect credit history (2 missed student loan payment), and I was able to qualify for the 0% APR. even without promotion, I doubt my rate would be anywhere close to 10%.

StevenMKV

Car(s)
07 GTI
Just bought my first vw, its a 2007. Looking to put some mods on it, if anyone can help me out with some questions, that would be cool. :happyanim:

I'm pretty sure those underage boys with headbands and riced up hondas called themselves "Icy Hot Stuntaz"

like because they do stuntz.

Or because their growth was stunted by smoking perhaps.

Either way, welcome. Sorry about your wallet.