GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boston Acoustics GTA-602 - Amp Location

agpatel

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI MkV
Looking to install a Boston Acoustics GTA-602 amp (Class AB) paired with a JL 10W0v3 sub. I trying to find a good place to mount the amp and rather not have it on the back of the seat as I do use the storage and like to quick removal of the box. Thought about mounting amp to the box but then would have to remove the power/ground cables and seems like more of a issue capping the live wires.

Thinking of cutting out some of the foam around the spare but worried about no air flow down there and a gorilla mat in the NC summer with a Class AB amp and over heating the sucker. Looked into mounting under driver seat but seeing if anyone has had issue with that and heat and shorting.

agpatel

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI MkV
If you take the rough side of velcro, it sticks like crazy to carpet. I just took the feet off of the amp and put 4 squares of velcro on the bottom of it. It doesn't move at all. I grounded on one of the seat rail bolts. I just sanded the bottom of the rail and the metal around the bolt hole. Been working great for me. It is a pretty small ground wire though since I'm not pushing crazy watts through this thing. You might want to find a better location if you're using a larger gauge wire.

Azzurri

Ready to race!
Actually hooking up your ground to the seat bolts is one of the best places to do it. Just try to go under the seat bracket as opposed to on top of it.