GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boost Levels... just hear me out. Experienced guys please read

MKV727

Go Kart Champion
The EMS is always searching for max torque per every frame, it has the ability to adjust to ambient conditions to accomish this.

In short it uses XBoost + YTiming + ZAir/Fuel. Depending on the conditions it will use different combinations to reach its max torque target.

If the logs show a N75 duty cycle that appears healthy and it matches requested boost all is well, our cars do not like boost anyway. If you want to make power and hold it to redline its generally done with an approximate 0.78 lambda and a target of 20-21 BTDC curve at redline.

Savir04

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07'/CW/6MT/FSI
The EMS is always searching for max torque per every frame, it has the ability to adjust to ambient conditions to accomish this.

In short it uses XBoost + YTiming + ZAir/Fuel. Depending on the conditions it will use different combinations to reach its max torque target.

If the logs show a N75 duty cycle that appears healthy and it matches requested boost all is well, our cars do not like boost anyway. If you want to make power and hold it to redline its generally done with an approximate 0.78 lambda and a target of 20-21 BTDC curve at redline.

I like....good stuff man

T0neyDanza

Banned
Car(s)
2007 4 door GTI
I get most of my work done at a shop in Yorktown called Euro pros ( timing belt, intercooler install, DP, flashes). They are ex Greenbrier VW techs and APR dealer. They've done stage 3 installs, rebuilds, you name it.
I think my problem is more along the lines of either small leak(s) or tired hardware. Fueling seems fine. Well ur welcome to the micro can cable to log when u get to hampton roads!

I do all my own work so I don't really need a shop. Thanks for the offer on the cable. But it's good to have one close by for re-flashes and stuff that I can't do.

Car(s)
2008 GTI
Yeah, I know. I was just wondering if I'm missing something or if my set up seems questionable. I'm gonna have to get a hold of a VAGCOM when I get back to PHX next week.

I have Vagcom and will be in PHX in October.

Bake

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
temp and humidity definitely play a large roll when running logs. I ran some on a 99 degree day with 76% humidity and my duty cycle stayed at 96.6% from 2K rpms all the way to redline. On a cooler day it will drop to around 70-72%. During the higher duty cycle percentages i don't ever meet requested boost, usually 2-3psi under. but on a cool and dry day i'll spike around 21psi at 3600rpms then drop to 17psi from 4200-6krpms then around 13-14psi at 6500rpms.

granted i'm TSI... but it still says to me that you car is acting "normal". Like others have said, logging is the only true way to tell though.