GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boost gauge install???

mkv_gti

Passed Driver's Ed
Just Wonder where you guys tap the wire for ign, Constant 12v and Ground.

Looking to install one of those in my GTi but no luck finding the right wire to tap

Thanks

jesterjay

Drag Racing Champion
I am from the US...what's with the euro light switch? I know one click is for the lights...one for the fog lights...one for the rear fog...but what's with all the other spots? Can I install this in my 06 GTI ?

Nurendra

Autocross Champion
AxMan said:
i dont like the way it looks, if it was more on the lines of something flush and cleaner looking or closer to what the audi one looks like in the pdf on that link then that would be better

That's the protype. The finished version will be better recessed and and angled (slightly) towards the driver.
Todd would not put out a ghetto looking mod :laugh:

GTI2007

The pic I found is from the euro switch in the MK5 Jetta but the one in the MK5 Golf and GTI is the same. Normally you can install this euro lightswitch into your NA GTI but I'm not sure that all the functions are gonna work cause normally the NA GTI doesn't have a light sensor.

1: all lights off
2: automatic turning on/off lights (light sensor)
3: parking lights
4: normal lights
5: front fog lights
6: rear fog light

Attachments

• B6_Euro_Switch.jpg
    B6_Euro_Switch.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 3,264

jesterjay

Drag Racing Champion
That's gotta be a Passat....look at the parking brake button. I wonder what the other turn knob is as well? I know one is for dash light brightness.

GTI2007

Indeed, I made a little mistake. The pic of the euro lightswitch is indeed from the interior of the last new Passat. The right turn knob is the one for the manual adjustment of the height of the headlights but it's only used when you have regular halogen headlights cause xenon headlights normally adjust themself automatic.

daigo

Oval Newbie
Car(s)
Mkv GTI
loccusst said:
I installed my Cobalt and let me tell you...it is the closest thing to the stock gauges out there. I took the car for a test drive and the boost peaked at like 13-14PSI and then stayed at 10PSI. When idle it sits at about -19 to -20PSI. Does this sound right to you guys? I had heard that this car put out 9-11 PSI.

Me either. 11PSI is what I read from VW tech document. After my boost guage installed, I was surprised warning lamp/beeps at 1.0bar(14PSI).

mkv_gti

Passed Driver's Ed
Can anyone here teach me which wires to tap ?

I follow the AWE installation but it turns up my wiring colour is different from the A3... Can anyone show me how to do it plsss....

cheers

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
What are you installing?

mkv_gti

Passed Driver's Ed
The Defi boost meter. It requires me to tap in Ign, Constant 12v and Ground. I followed the AWE PDF but non of the mentioned wire colour found in my car switch. Maybe is a different wire colour compare to MKV ?

Can anyone help me out pls ? If got picture even better :)

Cheers

daigo

Oval Newbie
Car(s)
Mkv GTI
mkv_gti said:
The Defi boost meter. It requires me to tap in Ign, Constant 12v and Ground. I followed the AWE PDF but non of the mentioned wire colour found in my car switch. Maybe is a different wire colour compare to MKV ?

Can anyone help me out pls ? If got picture even better :)

Cheers

Sry mate, never knew the message received from you. I will upload pics for this thread this saturday. But I took only Ign and ground, not from constant 12v.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Yeah the ign is to tell it to turn on...don't go constant. Just ground the unit to the chassy of the car under the dash. For an accessoryt wire, that's the same thing as ign you need, just go to the cig/12 volt socket. You can actually get both 12 volt accessory and ground there. The center console around the gear shifter pops off to help gain access to this area. Hope that helps.

d.C

DJ
GTI2007 said:
The pic I found is from the euro switch in the MK5 Jetta but the one in the MK5 Golf and GTI is the same. Normally you can install this euro lightswitch into your NA GTI but I'm not sure that all the functions are gonna work cause normally the NA GTI doesn't have a light sensor.

1: all lights off
2: automatic turning on/off lights (light sensor)
3: parking lights
4: normal lights
5: front fog lights
6: rear fog light

my euro switch doesn't have (2) ...

GTI2007

That's possible because there are 2 versions of the Euro switch. One without the automatic lights function like yours and one with the automatic lights function. On the right is the one without the automatic lights function and the one on the left is the one with the automatic lights function.