GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMW CCA LA Auto-x 8-14-10 Streets of Willow

mocohead

Ready to race!
Registration is now open for the next BMW CCA LA Auto-x! We are running the next event at the Streets of Willow. YES folks...an auto-x on a race track!!!!

THIS IS NOT A HPDE or DRIVER'S SCHOOL - it is going to be run in a traditional auto-x format. One car at a time against the heartless timing lights and clock.

Space is limited to maximize track time for everybody. We will provide lunch, water (courtesy of South Bay BMW) and instruction.

Fees are $100 if you pre-register, $125 the day of the event. You may cancel up to August 1, 2010 for a refund minus a $10 processing fee. After August 1, 2010 there will be no refund or credit toward a future event. Extra lunches are $10 and helmets are available to rent for $10.

This is a great way to get your feet wet at driving on a track. Low pressure, no passing, and comparatively low risk.

To pre-register please visit http://www.motorsportreg.com/index..../uidEvent/ADBCEAE0-FC70-64F0-AEE41EBDACA6F81D

You do not need to be a BMW CCA member, nor do you need to drive a BMW.

Novices are welcomed and encouraged to attend.

NOTE: It is probably going to be really, really, really HOT. Please plan accordingly!

See you all there!

Last edited:

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
I'm signed up!

The registration information on MotorsportReg is a bit off -- it still states that the fee is $75, so you may get people sending you the wrong amount. Also, is the event really in lot #12? Isn't that the same lot used at Autoclub Speedway?

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
There's a section that says you HAVE to pay with paypal...yet if you continue down the registration path, you can pay by credit card. What's the preferred method?

mocohead

Ready to race!
PayPal is preferred please. Thanks for registering!

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
I would drive down for something like this as I have friends in LA. Are the cone gates set-up on the race course or does it just use the facility. I ask because I have seen autoXs done both ways at full race courses.

Frank Rizzo

Trailingthrottleoversteer
Hey R
Is the track going to be open for some runs?

mocohead

Ready to race!
Blaine,

We put a few cones on course to create a slalom on the back straight. In addition we move to apex on a couple of corners to slow people down using cones. But it is mostly just the track itself which is little more than a glorified auto-x course anyhow!

Kevin,

The auto-x takes place on the track. There will be no open lapping and no passing. It is still one car at a time for one lap at a time.

Hope to see you both there!

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
Blaine,

We put a few cones on course to create a slalom on the back straight. In addition we move to apex on a couple of corners to slow people down using cones. But it is mostly just the track itself which is little more than a glorified auto-x course anyhow!

That sounds SUPER fun!!!