GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

bluefin (where to buy for best price)

gerard

+2 for Gerard.
had the IP problem as well and he gave me the new IP address. He followed up with a courtesy call a few days later

Bizi

Jetta with Rice
Car(s)
Jetta MY07

psi_kit

Turbo Bunny
Car(s)
Car
Hey I've been thinking of selling mine if anyone's interested? I got it 25/02/2009, and have only used it a couple to times to map and re-map for servicing at the stealers.

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
no offence, but id prefer to buy new.

by the time you get what you want for it, then pay the fee to superchips
to allow it to be used with a different car, i might as well buy new.

there's probably only going to be less than $50 difference between new and second hand.
(plus as far as im aware, you have to return the original car to stock before they will release the old VIN # ?)

Jason

psi_kit

Turbo Bunny
Car(s)
Car
I'd obviously factor in the price that the buyer would have to pay to superchips to rest the unit. Hope to make it worth someones time in terms of savings on a new unit, mine's pretty much new as its only been used twice. I ve been running a stock GTI for the past year anyway so no issue there - hence me wanting to sell my unit.

PM if anyones interested

jesse085

Passed Driver's Ed
Remember we dont pay VAT because we are in Australia so the price of a bluefin direct from bluefin UK is 379 pounds plus delivery of 30 pound = 409 pounds.

Which on todays (16th Oct) rate is $660 delivered which is much cheaper then buying it anywhere locally.

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
i ordered a bluefin today !

cant wait to see what difference it makes.

Jason.

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
JKM Performance.

$640 delivered.

DkN

Ready to race!
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I saw people saying things like Bluefin is the only tune that keeps the original map and I just had to cut in - I think it's worth it to research thoroughly before buying because I ordered an ST3 recently and with every buy it allows 2 custom maps plus the original map. There was quite an extensive thread on it from 2008 but it sort of died when communication between Chipped UK and some customers broke down over the forums, and there has been no word of it here since - but today they have new owners and are apparently called something else, although their website still says Chipped UK.

My own personal experience with them is that it is great value as you get two maps (and keep the original, all on one box), and I've ordered for a Milltek exhaust with DPF delete pipe, which needs a modification to the ECU map to bypass warnings and take into account the performance gains. Chipped UK is doing that for me at no extra cost, within the included price (which was $580 shipped). Future maps (whether for the same or different car) also can be purchased for 100 pounds without repurchasing the unit, but this was all covered in previous threads if you do a little research.

I find that after sales they are not as prompt with email replies, but just ring their number directly and they'll resolve all your queries.

I have not purchased or tried a Bluefin so I can't really compare (though it has been said in previous threads that Bluefin is more aggressive at 3,000RPM while ST3 with its most popular Fast Road map is a little less powerful but smoother) but I just think people need to be aware of options - I myself hate buying something and then realising that there was an alternative that I may have liked better.

That's all I have to rant, hope it helps :thumbsup:

jesse085

Passed Driver's Ed
I just checked the bluefin uk site and because of the strong aussie dollar its now down to $655 for a unit including shipping. But note you'll probably pay an international transaction fee on your credit card, I recently bought a phone in the UK which was around the same money and NAB stung me with a $15 international fee.

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
got mine for $644 delivered from JMK in the UK and i won't be
paying any international transaction fees.

paypal is your friend in these situations. (if the company accepts paypal)

looking forward to seeing what it can do for my car.
i read a few posts from owners in the UK, and one said he got 168 hp from
his bluefin, while most seem to be getting about 150hp.

that's a fair jump from the 103 i have now !

Jason.

Logzy

Ready to race!
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I saw people saying things like Bluefin is the only tune that keeps the original map and I just had to cut in - I think it's worth it to research thoroughly before buying because I ordered an ST3 recently and with every buy it allows 2 custom maps plus the original map. There was quite an extensive thread on it from 2008 but it sort of died when communication between Chipped UK and some customers broke down over the forums, and there has been no word of it here since - but today they have new owners and are apparently called something else, although their website still says Chipped UK.

I thought id chirp in here given that i had alot to do with the ChippedUK ST3. Dont get me wrong, the product performed almost as expected with no major problems but after dealing with this company and seeing all the tactics pulled i would not deal with them again.

1. The new owners line is a farce, the new owner is the old owners wife. I believe they are just using this line due to past problems.

2. Changed names and called something else is also a farce. The product is actually an Alientech Powergate pro. ChippedUK have it badged for them as an ST3. The also have another company name like verizon or something.

3. The ST3 increments the flash counter in some vehicles, they had still not fixed it for all VW vehicles. Many people had lengthy discussions with them regarding this with promise after promise and lie after lie.

4. Dont believe the lies. Alot of the negative comments you read on the web regarding ChippedUK and the ST3 problems are true.

5. If you dont flash the car back to stock before having it serviced by the dealer and the dealer does an update then you WILL have to return the ST3 to ChippedUK for resetting, this is not done for free.!!!
Hence the device i brought is useless as i refuse to give them any more of my money. I had a big argument with them regarding them recommending flashing back to stock and not being clear enough that it was a requirement.

Frankly, they will go to any lengths to make it seem like they are supporting you however they are only interested in selling the product and making money aqnd they will twist the truth and lie to achieve the sale.

I think you get my drift here, be bery careful and make sure you have any claims or promises from them in writing.

It was my crusaide that i went on a couple of years go that go the local bluefin price down as well as emails to the UK informing them of the local rip off pricing at the time which was double that of the UK price. At the time the UK would not sell bluefin direct and said you had to purchase through one of their agents here, this resulted in more emails to them complaining and in the end they gave in but by then myself and another forum member had already found the ST3 and introduced it to others here.

Last edited: