GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Black Rear Emblem - MK7/7.5

Hockeyman11385

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI SE
Hey guys,

I'm sure this has been discussed on here in the past but has anyone found anywhere lately that sells at least the rear emblem in gloss black? I've done a lot of searching online and the best bet I've found is Aliexpress but a lot of sellers won't/can't ship to the US at the moment. Anyone know of any other sources?

Thanks!

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
So I’ve only seen the way to do it is to remove the whole back up camera portion from the hatch. Subscribed because I’d love to know

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
At the bottom edge of your rear emblem, there is a small notch between the plastic chrome emblem and the solid black backing. You can stick a small screwdriver head in there, and then carefully pry up and then all around the emblem to pull out the tabs and pop off the emblem. It also has a smaller backing plate underneath. I just popped off the emblem, then wrapped the backing plate matte and the emblem gloss black, and stuck them back in. This was on a Mk7.5.

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
I got one on eBay from China that was decent quality and actually fit.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Bought a black rear emblem off eBay two years ago, the finish already looks like crud. Waiting on a replacement from Amazon.

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
I got both gloss black front and rear badges from a seller across the pond on eBay, but they ended up shipping from China. Took 3-4 weeks to arrive. The fitment of the front is perfect, but I decided not to use the rear.
OP, PM me if you're interested.

Hockeyman11385

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI SE
Thanks for the offer. Looks like mine are the same deal. Label on the bag is Chinese. I just needed the rear. Have an overlay coming for the front.

Thanks again

DipLowDolla

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Anyone have luck with the eBay ones from the UK? I ordered front and rear set.. was like $74.00 shipped. Waited over a month and they never came. Contacted the seller and he refunded me.. said they got lost.