GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bilstein Information

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Many have asked me for this so I thought I'd share.

After an in-depth conversation with Aaron at Neuspeed he convinced me to get the MKVI Bilstein's vs the MKV for my '07 GTI.

They are awesome! Great all around ride and handling.

Aaron gave me the above info.

3BallUG

Passed Driver's Ed
I just picked up a set of these and getting them installed this weekend. This post just made me all the more confident I'm going with a good set-up. Pairing it to Eibach pro-kit springs.

Wild Hare

Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
I have the stock springs. I'm not for lowering it since I have the OEM Votex body kit and replaced one lip spoiler already.
The only other items I have suspension wise are the Whiteline bushings up front and a Neuspeed Race Bar in back.

Aaron mentioned that the MKVI Bilstein's are much preferred over the MKV. His estimate was that they are 20% softer ride and all the people that drive MKV's he has sold these to love these!

Mine seem firm to me not bone jarring stiff or irritating on our rough Washington Highways. I-5 here around Seattle is terrible with exposed aggregate. These really work well!

alemagno

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,
I am surprised by those valving rates. I am just getting my H&R clubsport revalved and as part of this effort some dyno plots of the shocks were done before opening them. The measured rates are as follows:
Front 2480/840
Rear 1800/655

I am really surprised by the low compression rates versus the B8. By the way the H&R were essentially new.

Regards
Christian

3BallUG

Passed Driver's Ed
Got them installed this weekend. So far I'm very pleased with the results. Front end clunking is gone and the ride over-all is very, very nice. I'm sure there is still a little break in so I believe it will only feel better in the next few weeks once it settles. Install went very well other than the strut collars. For anyone on the fence about these struts and shocks you won't be disappointed with them. Its well worth the money. Like others have said this is a really good set up for the daily driver and spirited drivers. Jersey roads in general are still pretty bad but so far it's handled the rough patches around here with total ease.

Wild Hare

Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
When I got them and installed them I wished I had done it much sooner.

Congrats on the install!