GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Biker pulled over vs. Cop

Sandman614

Passed Driver's Ed
not to defend the cop at all, but if the rider would have been a little less of a douche he probably would have rode off.

The rider simply stated his rights. The cop had no right to do what he did. The license plate issue was BS.

It blows my mind that you would say the rider should have acted differently. The rider was in the right. If the officer had acted accordingly the rider wouldn't have been such a "douche" as you say. If the officer truly believed that there was a license plate infraction, the rider should have been ticketed and sent on his way at most.

What happens in the future when YOU are questioned or possibly arrested by the law when you knowingly didn't do anything wrong? The day we stop exercising our rights is the day we no longer have them.

johnnyveelish

Go Kart Champion
cop's actions is no excuse, he's supposed to uphold the law and not act like above it and make some bogus crap.

the second video, absolutely no respect for the law. sports bikes, recipe for douchery and disaster. and NO, i don't mean all riders.

i would never want to be in the cop's shoes, it's a slippery slope. you don't do enough your'e eff, you do too much you're eff. i know that there's a line to draw, sometimes for someone outside looking in you can't tell where the line is anymore.

mattyICED

Ready to race!
not to defend the cop at all, but if the rider would have been a little less of a douche he probably would have rode off.

huh? The only douche I saw was the officer..

The rider simply stated his rights. The cop had no right to do what he did. The license plate issue was BS.

It blows my mind that you would say the rider should have acted differently. The rider was in the right. If the officer had acted accordingly the rider wouldn't have been such a "douche" as you say. If the officer truly believed that there was a license plate infraction, the rider should have been ticketed and sent on his way at most.

What happens in the future when YOU are questioned or possibly arrested by the law when you knowingly didn't do anything wrong? The day we stop exercising our rights is the day we no longer have them.

:clap:

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
Was the plate side-mounted? They can fuck with you over a side-mounted plate, claiming if it's not clearly visible from the rear. But as already mentioned above, it should have been a ticket and no more. Arrest was def BS. That cop clearly wanted what was on that video, and I'm sure there was plenty on it that we didn't see...If I was that rider though, I would've bit my tongue, and left it to the lawyers... .. .

mattyICED

Ready to race!
Was the plate side-mounted? They can fuck with you over a side-mounted plate, claiming if it's not clearly visible from the rear. But as already mentioned above, it should have been a ticket and no more. Arrest was def BS. That cop clearly wanted what was on that video, and I'm sure there was plenty on it that we didn't see...If I was that rider though, I would've bit my tongue, and left it to the lawyers... .. .

No it was mounted with a bit of an angle
You can see it around 7:30ish in the video

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R

Yeah, I just went back and took a second look. It was all about getting that helmetcam...

I wouldn't have stopped on the highway, I would've slowly driven to a public place with loads more of walking witnesses at a slow slow pace, so the cop doesn't add "evading" to your phony rap sheet. Maybe just drive to the police station or your lawyer's office, and have them on the cell already knowing what's going on, and to come outside as you pull up. Would've prevented any of this from going on.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Nice to see the cops dealing with the real criminals...more of what's wrong with this country!!! Bikers are easier to f with then actual murderers rapists robbers etc. what a joke...

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion

That was a lot more then a bit of an angle. It is specifically mounted like that so it is next to impossible to read. I personally do like the look of plates mounted like that but its intent is to hide it from site.

The way that plate was mounted is actually illegal in almost every state, in some states that is an arrestable offense.

Had the cop actually taken the correct route and started his explanation as being stopped for the plate and not he wanted the camera then the outcome would have been much different.. But then people would just be bitching he lied..

There are ways to state your rights and ways to state your rights like a douchebag, this guy did the latter. The cop was wrong in so many ways but the rider could have handled it much better as well. I've explained the actual laws about vehicle code to cops many many times never ended up in cuffs and usually got a thank you because of how it was done.

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
Nice to see the cops dealing with the real criminals...more of what's wrong with this country!!! Bikers are easier to f with then actual murderers rapists robbers etc. what a joke...

They are actually, you don't usually witness a rape murder or robbery and if they did they would "f" with them in the same way.

ZLEB

Ready to race!
Sawthis yesterday its a laughable that the police have little criminal justice training and no clue to the actual laws on the books. Its aad they have the " i have a gun listen to me attitude " my. 02¢

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
Had the cop actually taken the correct route and started his explanation as being stopped for the plate and not he wanted the camera then the outcome would have been much different.. But then people would just be bitching he lied..

Except that the cop didn't pull him over for that. He said exactly why he pulled the guy over — for his camera. Then he sat in the car for a while until he could come up with something legit. :thumbdown:

Biker is a douchebag, no doubt, but there is zero defense for the cop, as he is held to a much higher standard due to the amount of power we have entrusted our police force with.