GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Fueling Setups / Solutions

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Thanks,

I just can't wrap my head around spending $4000+ for 38BHP increase from stage 2+ to TTE420. I wish I could overlap the two dyno sheets from APR to see the difference across the entire powerband.

It will be 138hp increase from 2+, not 38

Oops forgot we are talking MK6 R. So yes, you will be going from K04 to K04 hybrid. Can’t expect much really.

Last edited:

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
No custom work normally, thats why I have not used them in years. Great off the shelf stuff though. They are here near me in Southern California, the poster is in CT. Best for him just to find someone in his area that has tuned a 480 on a Golf R before. I am going to AUTuning in Huntington Beach CA for my custom tunes. 1000 for initial tune and 500 for versions of that. All dyno tuned.
Normally...right. I'm aware his location and why I felt the need to post "they would need the car". They have told me they would tune mine with either the EFR 6758 or the TTE420 if I get the car to them and they keep it as long as needed. I personally would just go with APR and the TTE420 so tuning is easily accessible. But, if a trusted custom tuner is local...choose any one you like.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I'm talking from stage 2+ Golf R (K04) not a K03, sorry

Sorry forgot you said Golf R in the beginning. As one who dared to go from K04 to something larger I can tell you that it is much more expensive than just buying the turbo and if you are estimating 4K, set aside 8K + a credit card for the unexpected. I would go with a more substantial turbo than the TTE 420 otherwise just stick with K04 it is so solid. To me at least, I am not going to spend thousands for a 38hp increase. To make any significant difference you need to add 100+ hp and then your car needs to be ready for it.

If I were you and I wanted something I could just bolt on myself and run, I would go with the IE450 kit. I would upgrade to their downpipe and midpipe. That is a direct kit specific to the Golf R 450hp to 500hp with race fuel. Yes it costs to play. That alone in parts is 8K if you install it yourself.

In my mind K04 is the last good deal for the MK5/6 FSI motor, after that it just gets very very expensive if you want to do it right and enjoy the same trouble free experience most of us have with a good K04 setup.

james9120

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Sorry forgot you said Golf R in the beginning. As one who dared to go from K04 to something larger I can tell you that it is much more expensive than just buying the turbo and if you are estimating 4K, set aside 8K + a credit card for the unexpected. I would go with a more substantial turbo than the TTE 420 otherwise just stick with K04 it is so solid. To me at least, I am not going to spend thousands for a 38hp increase. To make any significant difference you need to add 100+ hp and then your car needs to be ready for it.

If I were you and I wanted something I could just bolt on myself and run, I would go with the IE450 kit. I would upgrade to their downpipe and midpipe. That is a direct kit specific to the Golf R 450hp to 500hp with race fuel. Yes it costs to play. That alone in parts is 8K if you install it yourself.

In my mind K04 is the last good deal for the MK5/6 FSI motor, after that it just gets very very expensive if you want to do it right and enjoy the same trouble free experience most of us have with a good K04 setup.

Thanks for the tip,

Completely understandable. It’s not my first rodeo going BT, had a BT MKV TSI before the R. K04 is getting boring, so I’ve been exploring bigger options again. Believe me that double your expected expenses tip is real!

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Any info about the correct Oil Level number on idle?

This is what I have on This PolarFIS, I want to know the correct number that should appears.

Thx

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Did anyone ever get info on the RS3 injectors as far as flow pattern and where they max out at? I'm sure others are wondering also. Let's not keep secrets. Let's share info [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
so the guys on the tfsi page on facebook said the rs3 injectors dont fit in the head? something about the head needing to be machined?

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
so the guys on the tfsi page on facebook said the rs3 injectors dont fit in the head? something about the head needing to be machined?

As per their description, their kit is already modified to suit our engines;

We came up with this kit in house which uses a new genuine TFSi injector loom and then modify it using the correct pins and clips to fit the RS3 injectors.
This is done in an OEM fashion and we do not solder anything with this modification.
The injectors supplied with the kit are genuine Audi RS3 8V ones which will be fitted with new seals to suit the TFSi engine.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
aks tuning says theyre good for 550hp and 600hp on race fuel, so what is the hp for the rs4? worth the swap or no?

Last edited:

Waffle

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GLI