GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Climb for Luekemia/Lymphoma Society

PyroBob

I'm in.
Car(s)
.:R 32
Since most of you have heard me preach about this, I've finally gotten enough time to sit down and get the team set up. So, here's my schtick:

Yearly, around late March (this year the 22nd), there is an annual climb up the 69 flights of the Columbia Tower to raise money for Leukemia and Lymphoma research. For reasons that I'd like to keep to myself, I make it a point to enroll in this event, and try to persuade as many others as possible. I would like everybody to know, in advance, that I understand if people are neither physically or economically able to do anything. I won't think twice about it, and won't change my opinion of you. However, it does mean a lot to me, and it would be awesome to not be doing this solo.

There is an enrollment fee of $40, which includes food and a T-shirt. Donations are always welcome, but I never ask for other climbers to try and raise money...if your willing to be there, then I feel your giving your support.

Ideally, there will be beers following, and probably an amazing spaghetti feed the night before.

The climb is on March 22, at an unspecified time (it is TBD depending on the size of the group).

The link to the site to join my team is here: LLUA

You can sign up to climb under the "Registration" at the top of the page.
You can donate via the link underneath "The Dude".

The password is "rumproast".

Feel free to pass this on wherever you see fit.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

9Schnell

Euro-Elitist
Car(s)
2010 CC Lux
I'd like to do this with you, good cause & gets my ass off the couch.

I went to register on your team but it asked me for a fundraising goal. Do I have to ask others to donate or what?

I know you pointed out that you dont ask other climbers to raise money, I just think I want to walk with ya, thats cool right?

PyroBob

I'm in.
Car(s)
I would encourage that. I wouldn't be the only straggler!

I do mean when I say, if your paying the registration to climb with me, that is all the donation you need to put up. Your welcome to add more, but your already contributing enough for me. Simply put it as 0, and we'll consider all donations as raised by the team.

JimmyT

Redneck Engineer
Car(s)
2011 135i
I can't leave a fellow R owner hanging... so I'm in!!!!

9Schnell

Euro-Elitist
Car(s)
2010 CC Lux
Signed up...

crogers6569

Ready to race!
Im so in for this... Ill be registering when i get paid. Just had a lot of x-mas shopping knocked out this week

9Schnell

Euro-Elitist
Car(s)
2010 CC Lux
Im so in for this... Ill be registering when i get paid. Just had a lot of x-mas shopping knocked out this week

Caleb and I are registered as "climber" not "Racer". Just thought i'd point that out, lol :thumbsup:

crogers6569

Ready to race!
Caleb and I are registered as "climber" not "Racer". Just thought i'd point that out, lol :thumbsup:

I think at this point im going to register for the race... i need to find some practice stair cases. I think i can make a flight in 15-20 seconds but not sure how long i can keep that up. Also need to decide on technique.... wonder if 2x2 is easier than every single stair or if alternating is key. gotta find the rythm.

PyroBob

I'm in.
Car(s)
I use the machines at the gym and the flights at Golden Gardens on a regular basis. The best way, IMO, if you haven't done it before is to just trudge. If I'm really tired or worn out, I do the 70 flights in a slow 20 minute plodding with no stops.

Try not to get so worn out that you have to stop every five flights for a breather, but slow your whole pace.

Taking two steps at once is much more difficult, and requires a lot more leg strength. However, it may be a good way to start out strong, and then throttle back.

PyroBob

I'm in.
Car(s)
Bump...walked the Golden Garden stairs last night. Excellent sunset view, followed by a pint of Rogue Winter Warmer. Perfect combo!

Stairs FTW!