GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Better Nikon

ruffellprefley

get it?
Car(s)
08 GTI
your telling me you wouldnt take it if you could have it? There are some instances where i can not lug around a tripod with and having a higher iso that with pretty good quality would be fantastic. Thats just my opinion.

if less noise at higher iso was the only difference between the two cameras, of COURSE i would take the d90. the d200 has more controls on physical settings (dial, switch, etc) than the d90, making it more natural for me to use. i don't have to go in to any electronic menu to change certain settings.

to be honest, i haven't used the d90, but just looking at it i can see that it is more dependent on menus than a d200 or d300

this is more valueable to me than high iso image quality.

just personal preference though

Meat

rack rack 'em
Car(s)
2007 GTI [DSG]
to the OP- if you just want more pixels, why not get a D40x?

nhbubba

CEL free until 48,398 mi
A Canon shooter here. I have used the D90, D60, and D40x. The D90 is fantastic! Almost makes me consider dumping my Canon gear. I would highly recommend one. I've never shot the D300, but by the specs I would not consider it a must-have unless you are a pro; for the money the D90 seems just as good.

Although if you're just looking for the extra pixel count, then I think you'll be disappointed. .. Do it for the improved low-light (high ISO) performance, better features, built-in AF drive motor (which rules out the D60 or D40x BTW), or something like that. If you do it just for the pixel count then I think you are wasting your time and money.

utekineir

Banned
when i looked into the nikons the biggest thing that I didn't like was the separation of the af drive motor between the models, don't get one of the cheap bodies that will hold you back lens wise.

VDUBMkV///C

Intergalactic smugness
Car(s)
CW MkV
when i looked into the nikons the biggest thing that I didn't like was the separation of the af drive motor between the models, don't get one of the cheap bodies that will hold you back lens wise.
Yeah my D40 cant autofocus with the 10.5mm fisheye which is very annoying especially if I am holding the camera with 1 hand. Thanks for all the comments!

james.bigouette

Officially boring
to put my own $.02 in i upgraded from the D40 to the D90 and it was the best decision i have ever made. i run sigma lenses off of it an capture great pictures. i can link you some recent work if you PM me and remind me. good luck though