GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

best clay bar kit ?

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I found the same clay while watching my wife make snowmen w/craft clay. No joke, and I tried some with detailer spray and it worked great. So I went and bought a brick of it for $6 or $7. Way more clay than you get in a kit and all you need is the detailer which you already have. It's called DAS in a white package and red around the DAS logo. (no abrasives)After opening it just seal inside a air tight container.

Belfast Racer

Ready to race!
I found the same clay while watching my wife make snowmen w/craft clay. No joke, and I tried some with detailer spray and it worked great. So I went and bought a brick of it for $6 or $7. Way more clay than you get in a kit and all you need is the detailer which you already have. It's called DAS in a white package and red around the DAS logo. (no abrasives)After opening it just seal inside a air tight container.

u have some balls trying that out lol obviously payed of though !! :D

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Dude, that tscheidt is great. What I like best of all is that I don't have to reuse the same tiny piece of clay full of contaminants to remove more. I just toss each portion after 1 app.

GTIRaider

Go Kart Champion

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI

BunkerBeezy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
little cw car
claybar your car then wax it and that should be the best results just plan and hour or 2 of working lol

lightningjack

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
09 GTI
I have a blk GTI. Picked up the Mothers detailing kit on amazon. Washed it several times, used the clay bar, then a wax, and a top coat. Overall, 3-4 hours, including the interior, trim, glass, wheels. Everything you need, except cloths are in the kit.

Well worth the effort.

Tempted2Speed

is cooler than you
Car(s)
2007 GTI CW 6MT
if you used clay and nothing was coming up then most likely there wasn't much contaminants on the paint surface. Pretty much any kit is going to work the same. the differences between kits are the lubricant used and the type of clay. some manufactures have abrasive clay and some are not abrasive. Generally the clay bar kits you can buy at the store are going to be all around safe to use. Meguiars, Adams and Mothers are all fine. Meguiars new clay bar kit has more clay inside and a sample of wax. I tried to clay my car before and not much came off the car. If that is the case just use a good cleaner wax and top with a last step product.

Theres actually many types of claybar. Yes, the lubricant is different for most of them, but there are grades ranging from gentle to aggressive depending on what you need.

vw wayoflife

Passed Driver's Ed
there is only one manufacture of clay bars, a company still has a patent on them. so every company that sells clay bar kits are the same clay, from the same place. just depends on what color it is.

Xenor

Clean Freak
Car(s)
GTI
Chemical Guys has two big 208g clay bars for like $15. They work great and are the best deal. You use your own clay lube or buy one of their detailers or "Luber". 1/4 of a bar (you get 2 bars) will last a while.

Toddski

Passed Driver's Ed
http://www.griotsgarage.com/

Only stuff I use, it will cost more but looks amazing.

Yup.
I have a shop close by and stop in to restock. Guys working there are great in helping with any problem i have.
Just did the top of my 20 year old Toyota 4runner with Clay bar from Griots as the 4runner sits outside 24/7. Paint still shines up.

Attachments

• IMG00129-20101231-1402.jpg
    IMG00129-20101231-1402.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 603
  • IMG00130-20101231-1402.jpg
    IMG00130-20101231-1402.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 613