GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

best cities for young single people?

sprytdi

Ready to race!
I know right? :rolleyes: it's like hop on the 405 for 40 min and you have world class surfing at the wedge. :cool:

Moral of the story: I :wub: Southern California however:

The ONLY real gripe I have is the traffic, especially since I live in a suburb 40 min (on a good day) north of LA.You get used to it though. Just plan your day around it, and since you have a GTI or golf, good gas mileage shouldnt be a worry
:thumbsup:

Not to jack this thread, i dont want to start a new one for this q
I surf a little, i learned in pacific city oregon, and continue to surf up here in westport, la push, p.a, and a few breaks down the straits of juan de fuca.
I can rip it ok for the waves;):laugh: ive learned on, that said. I have heard some pretty harsh stuff about surfing on a locals break in so cal, like you gotta know someone. Is this true? How rough is the crowd down there? Pacific city had some unspoken rules about the local shreddders owning a wave, it seems like the further south you go the rougher it gets.

HeartMyVeedub1

Ready to race!
Not to jack this thread, i dont want to start a new one for this q
I surf a little, i learned in pacific city oregon, and continue to surf up here in westport, la push, p.a, and a few breaks down the straits of juan de fuca.
I can rip it ok for the waves;):laugh: ive learned on, that said. I have heard some pretty harsh stuff about surfing on a locals break in so cal, like you gotta know someone. Is this true? How rough is the crowd down there? Pacific city had some unspoken rules about the local shreddders owning a wave, it seems like the further south you go the rougher it gets.

No way man, just be courteous. I have a buddy that lives in Santa Clarita (a suburb far from any surfing spots) who goes to Ventura, county line, seal beach, manhattan, the works. He's never had a negative experience like the one you asked about. Like I said, you have nothing to worry about as long as you use some logic and a little common courtesy. :thumbsup:

sprytdi

Ready to race!
Courtesy is a given fer sure, the last time i went to pco i paddled out to, or next to really, a group, i was like hey waz up guys, they all looked at me like wtf, i say hey you mind, and they all were like ya we mind squid get the f outta here and start splashin at me n shit, i was like what a joke? So i wait a while, catch a break, and those guys were actually TRYING to paddle and duck dive into my line? Its a rock bottom there, the shallow point break sucks from under the swell real bad, sometimes only 3 ft from the bottom maybe less. Those guys were tryin to get me hurt. So i un suit and talk to some locals and theyre all like, thats the price you pay to surf here if your not a local bra.

Kurt Eiger

Ready to race!
Can't beleive Boston and NYC didn't make the cut. The bay area's nice, austin has great nightlife, charlotte is the most affordable, and denver is hippie cool. Check the job market for your field in each city. Unless money's not an issue, then I'd go to NYC or Boston-

bmxr

Ready to race!
can't go wrong with miami

LOL! Yes, you could... Unless you are seriously wealthy, I really can't stand it there. I lived there for 7 years, and have a lot of friends there, but I will never go back by choice.

For me, Austin, Denver, and Charlotte all sound great. I got to NC whenever I can, to go mountain biking, motorcycle riding, and just to chill in general. If it was not so far from family, Denver would be even better for me. I know lots of cool stuff that goes on in Austin, so I'd be willing to check that out too.

Lou Maiuri

Banned
Double post whooo

NOVA is basically San Fran east, or tries to be.

Fuck Nova, I live here and it's intolerable.

But DC is another story. Consistently in the top 10 in many publications for being a young professional. Lots of Gals, lots of work, lots of money.

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
NYC...you can find anything here...plus Formula 1 is coming next year...and you can be in the woods/somewhere "outdoors" in a 30 min drive.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
course I know where Lancaster is. My wife and I are talking about moving to Valencia. See thats where you move when you are officially OVER IT in LA. all the stuff I mentioned in my original thing, I don't care about anymore. Thats why it rules for young people. Rules. Adults past a certain age though staying in LA proper.. nah. no way. not unless you have the money, a lot of money, to live in very nice neighborhoods w/home prices hovering around 600-800k minimum and can pay to send Jr. to a private school so he doesn't get shot waiting by the metal detector at LA unified.. otherwise, its to the burbs you go

And yeah, that guy is right. Philly is a great town. Love Philly

DONT move to valencia. i live here this place is full of cops on their high horses, moron drivers, and women that are bitches ( i only say that because so few of them are nice and not looking to take over a mans life ). and soooo many people drink and drive here, there are DUI check points everywhere every weekend. i will admit that there are a decent amount of young married couples and they are fun to hang out with.

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Unless money's not an issue, then I'd go to NYC or Boston-

Money no object I'd live in Boston. Amazing town. Driving in the city is a bitch, but there are endless interesting people there. It's an intelligent individual's paradise. And once you explore all the history and little quirks that make it what it is (pilgrims,revolutionary war, Red Sox/Patriots/Bruins/Celtics, north end, architecture, scholars, etc.) you'll feel rich just having the privilege to live there. :thumbsup:

Sent via TapaTalk, butchered by autocorrect

McQueen77

Banned
DONT move to valencia. i live here this place is full of cops on their high horses, moron drivers, and women that are bitches ( i only say that because so few of them are nice and not looking to take over a mans life ). and soooo many people drink and drive here, there are DUI check points everywhere every weekend. i will admit that there are a decent amount of young married couples and they are fun to hang out with.

you live in Valencia or Santa Clarita? Is Santa Clarita generic for the SCV? Yeah, cops don't mess around up there. But its a hop skip and a jump down the 5 to the 210 to a shit ton of awesome mountain backroads. I love taking the GTI on big tunjunga road and places like, and Valencia would be 15 min drive to get to those while right now it takes me 30. but yeah, Valencia has its drawbacks. But unless you love insane congestion and almost dying in a car wreck every time you leave the house, LA isn't all roses..

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
you live in Valencia or Santa Clarita? Is Santa Clarita generic for the SCV? Yeah, cops don't mess around up there. But its a hop skip and a jump down the 5 to the 210 to a shit ton of awesome mountain backroads. I love taking the GTI on big tunjunga road and places like, and Valencia would be 15 min drive to get to those while right now it takes me 30. but yeah, Valencia has its drawbacks. But unless you love insane congestion and almost dying in a car wreck every time you leave the house, LA isn't all roses..

i live in Val Verde, which is 5 minutes from the 5 freeway at the 126 exit. yeah there are a lot of little canyons around which is nice. the osbourne canyon is fun ive done that a few times. i drive to burbank everyday for work so i know somewhat about congestion and yeah it blows. i guess either insane congestion or shitty drivers and cops is what it comes down to.:thumbdown:

McQueen77

Banned
i live in Val Verde, which is 5 minutes from the 5 freeway at the 126 exit. yeah there are a lot of little canyons around which is nice. the osbourne canyon is fun ive done that a few times. i drive to burbank everyday for work so i know somewhat about congestion and yeah it blows. i guess either insane congestion or shitty drivers and cops is what it comes down to.:thumbdown:

and to clarify, id take cops up there vs. LAPD any day. if theyve got something to do, theyll ignore you, but if they dont, you could find yourself on the receiving end of a boot or nightstick easily. LAPD is insanely aggressive and tightly wound, rightfully so having to deal with the scum of the earth every day, but ive been pulled over for a lot of BS during my time in LA. moral of the story being, drive within the law around town and let loose when appropriate and youll be alright. spoken like a true, future suburbanite drone dad.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
and to clarify, id take cops up there vs. LAPD any day. if theyve got something to do, theyll ignore you, but if they dont, you could find yourself on the receiving end of a boot or nightstick easily. LAPD is insanely aggressive and tightly wound, rightfully so having to deal with the scum of the earth every day, but ive been pulled over for a lot of BS during my time in LA. moral of the story being, drive within the law around town and let loose when appropriate and youll be alright. spoken like a true, future suburbanite drone dad.

i can see where you're coming from. im only 23 and ive gotten 2 tint tickets up here (which CHP crack down on heavily because they really don't have anything going on ) and 1 speeding ticket which i did deserve, and i think it's a little excessive. but coming from a parents point of view thats exactly what you want to see and hear. its not too bad up here but it is definitely a party town so there are bars and resturants all over the place.