GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best Budget Entry Level Suspension Recommendations

Kye98

Car(s)
VW Golf MK5 TSI GT
Hi all,

I am looking at throwing out my old stock suspension as their age is really starting to show.
I want to use this chance to upgrade them to some nice coilover's so I can adjust the ride height and lower the car.

My car is a 1.4 TSI GT 170 5 Door.
I'm running stock wheels at the moment but plan to put some 19" JR5's with Michelin pilot sport 1 245/35 on.
While I might know my way round a toolbox I have no knowledge on all these different brand coilover's so some help choosing a set would be amazing.

My budget is £500 which is why I'm looking at entry level.
I have seen many brands such as FK Street, JOM and Stance+ but I'm seeing them priced from £200 to £300 which seems quite cheap for a set of coilover's.
I don't mind a hard ride as long as they can withstand bumps and decent cornering. Of course I don't want to be sent through the sunroof at every stone on the road though.

I have found some good priced coilover's on a site called venommotorsports but I don't know the difference between any of them so some help would be nice.
(I wont link the site as I'm not sure if its against the rules here but you can easily search for it.)

Cheers.

Kye98

Car(s)
VW Golf MK5 TSI GT
@jay745
I was looking at some cup kits but I wanted the adjustability that the coilover's give.
What would you recommend spending on a decent entry level kit of coilover's and which brand?

Also if I did decided to go for a cup kit which brand would you recommend?