GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bay Area Discussion thread -- Part 3

projekt.kieru

Inspired.
Only if I work somewhere other than San Francisco, which is not likely. The FR-S has been likened to a modern E30 M3 which has piqued my interest. If I do work in SF, I will be taking the train everyday. Then I can get an E30 M3 since I won't ever have to drive.

Soon, I got engaged earlier this year, but we have been together for almost 5 years.

Congrats and get the frs.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
I would recommend FR-S over E30 M3 even if you don't drive that much. Especially if reliability is something you want in your next car.

I have 7 year 100K BUMPER TO BUMPER (not just powertrain) factory warranty. I'm sure that was $1,300 well spent. SO it took the car from $25.2 to $26.5... But I'll never have to fix my car at any point while I'm still making a payment.

Also it's WAY WAY WAY safer than E30. FR-S was top safety pick meaning 5-star tests all around. Try modern safety tests in E30 and see what happens... I love driving but I'm not willing to die for it. Bay Area freeways are not the safest I've driven.

BTDUBS

The Interceptor
Car(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
My dad had one when I was a kid and I have a very special attachment to that car. I only will get one if I am driving less than 100 miles per week. Only way an E30 is over 20k is if it is low miles and unmolested. If I get one, I am taking to a tech that knows the S14 motor in and out and can assure me that it is well maintained and unmodded. This is a car I want to keep stock.

BTDUBS

The Interceptor
Car(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
I get that you HAVE to own this car, I have a car like that too, but it's not the car you have for your ONLY car.

Oh hell no. That is the car that I own if I don't really need a car. If I don't end up working in SF, it will be a FR-S or BRZ all the way. But with my degree, chances are I am working in SF and taking thie train everyday.

BTDUBS

The Interceptor
Car(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
I live a mile from diridon and right next to the light rail.