GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

bags and canada

BMP-GTI-07

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Just wondering if there are many on bags?

phil

becausephilchow
Car(s)
2009 VW R32
I'm bagged. Going through my first winter, from what i've read and asked people about ,its' nothing to worry about. Just try not to air-out overnight on really cold days, valves may get stuck open, but then all you need is a heat-pack or a blow dryer and you're all good :).

To name a few that are bagged or have been bagged on these forums:

phil, philthyphil, gkap, gdubbed, crazyrabbit, dotdub, and there's more!

BoardSnow6

Banned
Car(s)
Capita Scaremaster
So keep a little bit of air in the bags when you park her for the night?

f_399

07 GTI and 06 Passat
keep it aired up to be safe so if the valves are frozen shut, its better to be stuck at drive height then aired out

one thing that can also go wrong is the pressure switch. the condensation inside the tank can freeze and break the pressure switch

BMP-GTI-07

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I'm debating between air and a quality autox car. I live in newfoundland so the whole dub scene is growing but small, mostly aircooled. I bought vmaxx before I had any knowledge and money and I figured I would be happy but now I want something different. The roads are so shit here that the coils I have now are seriously make me want to cry sometimes. I smack frame all the time and I'm not even that low, still have wheel gap in the front. I'm not really sure that I can be low and happy without bags, anyone that has been to NL knows what the roads are like and surely knows how i feel.

I'll look up dub'n in the dot and see what's it's all about.

Right now the car is on jack stands and a car cover on it as I pack to head to Angola for a few months. Hate leaving my car for months but it's how I pay the bills.

F_399...saw your car in Houston at a show in Clearlake(sp) autoshow. last year when you had the mercedes reps. I actually didn't get to talk to you but your car has always been inspiration for mine.

What to do, what to do?!?!?!

Pics of my car for clicks

BoardSnow6

Banned
Car(s)
Capita Scaremaster
keep it aired up to be safe so if the valves are frozen shut, its better to be stuck at drive height then aired out

one thing that can also go wrong is the pressure switch. the condensation inside the tank can freeze and break the pressure switch

Isnt there something that can be put in line or somewhere to remove condensation?

yvrnycracer

Never has enough power...
been there... done that... wouldn't do it on this kind of car again...

Think about it this way... KW V3's are cheap compared to a good quality, properly installed bag setup...

There were great things about it... there were things I hated (including poor quality products that failed)...

Either way do the research and don't cheap out on the products you buy!

phil

becausephilchow
Car(s)
2009 VW R32
Here's what I have, and I love them:

Airlift Bags (Front and Rear)
Accuair Management

Amazing :wink:

If you want something better than Airlifts, then go Bagyards. Cannot go wrong w/ BYs and Accuair.

BoardSnow6

Banned
Car(s)
Capita Scaremaster
Here's what I have, and I love them:

Airlift Bags (Front and Rear)
Accuair Management

Amazing :wink:

If you want something better than Airlifts, then go Bagyards. Cannot go wrong w/ BYs and Accuair.

Thats the setup i plan on getting... A little more expensive but its worth it for reliability and p.o.m.