GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Back to basics, the return of Darcness

darcness

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI CW
Well after a VERY long hiatus I figured I'd get back into the game here on GolfMKV and see if any of my old friends are still around here. I've been slacking on the car because of other hobbies, getting married, work, etc. My car got smashed up pretty good by a deer a couple months ago but insurance and the body shop came through for me. Ended up with another new hood, fender, front bumper surround, door skin, and some other bits that got chewed up and spit out by Michigan wildlife. Also just got my bags back from Zak at UV Air so I put those back on. Painted some old school A4 wheels I had and slapped those on too, sold the RC's last summer.

Anyway, here's how she's sitting now. I'm going back to basics here. Clean look, manual air ride still, and nothing too showy. Just good clean MKV style.

Edit: Don't mind the bugs and the crappy picture quality. Taken with my Android after a trip to Canada and back. Bugs out there are NASTY! Still need to do a proper detail (clay, buff, wax, etc).

Crispy21

Banned
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Nice dude, good to see you again around here. I been checking your build thread and i like the way you mounted your gauges and paddles. Car looks great m*!

darcness

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI CW
Haha, I have no idea what wheels they are. I got them for free from a trade+sell on my Denvers. All I know is that they came off an Audi A4 from the late 90's. I looked up the name once but can't remember it now. They were fried when I got them so I refinished them with some matte black followed by a shot of clear. Came out pretty good if I do say so.

Also I was going through a divorce. Got that finalized in January of 2011, then met my current wife via a forum. She's from Toronto, I'm in Michigan. We drove back and forth a ton of times, hence all the miles on my ride. Then in November of 2011 we got married. We're going through the process of immigration now, fun stuff!