GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

baby recaro

revaudi

Oval Newbie
I have been dying to get one of these for our daughter ever since the wife was pregnant.

This seat rocks for a child. The charcoal grey matches my leather perfectly and is very stable in the center with the LATCH system. Plus it fits our daughter and will be the last car seat we will need to buy. We were so impressed we bought one for each vehicle, which by the way matches our Silverado platinum leather also. This is the coolest way to transport your child. If you need a car seat, consider the Recaro. Now I just need to get her a steering wheel...

http://www.pbase.com/bhuebner/image/87429771

edit the picture won't embed. guess my provider changed their linking policy.

Last edited:

Brewski

Formerly Chris2021
Car(s)
07 GTI pkg1 DSG
I've never seen the recaro but i know that Simpson makes a baby racing seat(Hmm that sounds really stupid doesnt it) that is pretty nice

revaudi

Oval Newbie
The Simpson seat is just a Graco car seat with Simpson branding. It doesn't offer any additional safety features like side impact protection (protects their fragile little heads in the case of a side impact) and the bolstering isn't quite as good. Of course, you get what you pay for...the Simpson is nearly half as much. I know far too much about baby seats (and strollers and cribs). I need to get a new hobby.

Brewski

Formerly Chris2021
Car(s)
07 GTI pkg1 DSG
remember that baby seat that would rotate 360 degrees that one american inventor? what ever happend to that?

Car(s)
'06 GTI
VWDADDY has one. It is pimpin.

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
what if someone runs a giveway sign and crashes into the side of you? doesnt matter how fast your going then, accidents will happen.

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
I wanted to get one for our daughter but it doesn't meet Australian standards, so it's not sold here and would have cost me over US$300 to ship it. :frown:

ReflexMkV

mmmm Horse Pop
what if someone runs a giveway sign and crashes into the side of you? doesnt matter how fast your going then, accidents will happen.

I don't want to take this further off topic but, yes, accidents happen. That has nothing to do with my point. You don't think racing incresses your chances of an accident? And you think racing with a baby in the car is OK becasue shit happens? Again you would have to be a complete asshole to race with a child in the car. :thumbsup:

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
do you have any pics of the car seat?... I wanna see it!

str8dubbin

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
dont think this is the same color's he's talking about but here is what it would look like i would think.

PCC

Former TDI owner
The Recaro child seat (it's not a baby seat) is cool but it's very expensive for what it is. Get a Century or something else that is commercially available for a fraction of the cost and it will work as well or better than that Recaro child seat.