GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Avg. Gains on ATP DP

hypnotica003

Ready to race!
i know theres a dyno online showing that the atp dp get 30-40 whp with just a flash and an intake. are these numbers normal with standard revo/apr/giac tunes? im guessing atp custom tuned and tweaked it to get those numbers. anyone with this dp see these gains? if not then i want to find a way to get the 30 whp they did :headbang:

initialGTI

Ready to race!
maybe its photoshop hehe

willsgti

Black Magic
Car(s)
MKV GTI
im pretty sure you should be able to get that just with the flast from apr n revo. I herd you gain from a DP but i havent herd the gains you recieve

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
He said wheel hp, APR and all those chips are specified in crankshaft hp. you have to deduct approximately 20% to get the whp.
I have also heard that those number are pretty close to true. 30-40hp from the dp with the software.

willsgti

Black Magic
Car(s)
MKV GTI
so if you have the flash and the dp you should gain another 30-40 ontop of the flash ?

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
Getting that DP and stgII software should net you an extra 30-40 hp from common stage I software.

crogers6569

Ready to race!
NO modification without supporting software will net you much more thana couple HP.

If your running stg1 software with no DP and add the DP gains will be minimal.

chiguy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
what if i just get my DP and intake and when i get my tax refund im gonna chip it...with out the chip...would there be any problem?

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
NO modification without supporting software will net you much more thana couple HP.

If your running stg1 software with no DP and add the DP gains will be minimal.

Actually if you do a search you will see that gains from a good DP alone will net you more gains that the software from the DP.

what if i just get my DP and intake and when i get my tax refund im gonna chip it...with out the chip...would there be any problem?

You would get a CEL with most DP's without stage II software, other than that, I dont see a problem. I think theres only two downpipes out right now that will not give you a CEL without stage II software, I think they're the eurojet DP and the AWE DP.

crogers6569

Ready to race!
Actually if you do a search you will see that gains from a good DP alone will net you more gains that the software from the DP.

A good DP alone will net you more gains that the software from the DP????:word:

Way to give terrible information. Find me one dyno that shows more gains from a DP than you can get with a DP and software. Now if you consider 5hp a good gain then by all means, do a DP with no software.

To answer the OP's second question, no it wont hurt the car to run for a while till you can get the reflash, but like he said, you might get a check engine light. If the light doesnt bother you proceed about your buisness.

All this is assuming you are staying with a Stg1 flash. Go to stg 2 2and you will likely see those gains over stock.

My last dyno i put down 249HP and 305ft/lb. Im running Revo Stg2, ATP DP, EVOms Intake.

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
Whatever, I dont need to argue with someone who wants to argue like a girl.:cry: Its fact, anyone who is wondering can look it up so you look like a fool.