GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

autox vid from sunday

b_griggs1

Autocross Whore
Car(s)
06 CW GTI PKG2 6MT
I'm 6'1", and no if you look on scca.com, ecu reprogramming is legal in STX, which I thought otherwise until I looked. Im pretty bummed that this is the last event at that lot this season, because it's a vocational school, and they start class again in a few weeks. So now it's on to the crappier boring lots with no dangerous islands/trees/firetrucks/orange boxes to worry about.

You are correct, ECU reprogramming IS allowed in STX. However, it's pretty obvious that they don't want you touching the boost.
SCCA 2007 Solo Rule Book said:
E. The engine management system parameters and operation may
be modified only via the methods listed below. Any and all modifi-
cations must meet or exceed the applicable US DOT emissions
standards for the year, make, and model of the car. These allow-
ances also apply to forced induction cars, except that no changes
to standard boost levels, intercoolers, or boost controls are per-
mitted.
Boost changes indirectly resulting from allowed modifica-
tions are permissible, but directly altering or modifying the boost
or turbo controls, either mechanically or electronically, is strictly
prohibited.

1. Reprogrammed ECU may be used in the standard housing.
Traction control parameters may not be altered. Altered
engine controllers may not alter boost levels in forced induc-
tion engines.

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
i tried for the first time on saturday, it was a blast even though my stock ride understeers like crazy, guess i'll spend the winter building it up to run next year :)

xyouthx

slow ass car
You are correct, ECU reprogramming IS allowed in STX. However, it's pretty obvious that they don't want you touching the boost.

well I didn't look into it that deeply, but thank you. however, I think I'll just keep it to myself.:biggrin:

And to the poster above me, all I can say is the best single mod you can do is tires, invest in tires...it will change you life.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Nice driving. Now get some real numbers on the side of that nice ride!

xyouthx

slow ass car
Nice driving. Now get some real numbers on the side of that nice ride!

eh, I do that on purpose, nobody takes the blue painter's tape cars seriously, and who's the points leader in STX? blue painters tape me mother fuckers.:laugh:

STATUS

*STATUS*
Car(s)
e46 M3, R32,
YOU would be MUCH FASTER if you kept your hands @ 9 and 3 and in tight turns be fully locked you will come out faster and have more control

xyouthx

slow ass car
i ran 45.--- that day, and the wrx in SM had the fastest PAX time of the day which was I believe like 40.--- or 39.----, but I was only with an 02 wrx on Azeni's and I beat him by almost 2 seconds.