GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Autotech HPFP

ChefMKV

Will Cook For Parts
Car(s)
GTI
So my girlfriend got me the Autotech HPFP for christmas and im very excited. Ive done almost all the reading on all the forums about the whole which Fuel pump to get and everything related.

So far on the forums all the autotech failures seem to be from the original product and no complaints about the 2.0 revision. My big questions and worry im asking the public that i havent seen covered in other topics is.

1. The box suggests you check your cam for the #06F.109.101B.( new cam ) instead of having the #06F.109.101A. Cam. Is their anyone else who currrently runs an autotech HPFP who changed their cam?-- in response to this it would be helpful to add your cars year.

2. My car has 50k miles on it all on the original stock pump. Should i need to replace the fuel pump itself. ofcourse i change my cam follower every 20k and I will be changing the Cam follower when i have a shop install the pump internals for me.

Im currently an 06 GTI manual, nuespeed intake, 3" downpipe. stage 2 APR reflash. Thanks for everyones help. Yes the signiture is about a year old.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Dump her! Shoulda got APR!

jk jk, sounds like a keeper!

lolz, you dont need cam b to run it. its just most 2.0t with b cam means our intake cam a failed due to cam follower failure and got replaced. mine did, under warranty

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
I wouldn't run any aftermarket HPFP with the "A" cam

Kiser10

Das Boost
Car(s)
'06 GTI
Agreed, I run the "B"

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
The Autotech pump would be my second choice. APR is the way to go for a worry free set-up but if i got it for christmas i wouldn't complain! :iono:

ChefMKV

Will Cook For Parts
Car(s)
GTI
hmm. i guess i should call my dealer and ask if getting my cam replaced to cam b would be covered, and if not how much would it be?. anyone know off experience or educated guess how much the replacement would be.
Also i guess if i replace to cam B i only need to replace the cam follower also.

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
It has been known and proven that the "A" cam can not withstand even an OEM pump. Mine got recently replaced under warranty less than a month ago. ECS, DBC sells the whole kit to replace the cam to the new revised part..

vagike

I have not heard too many failures of the Autotech fuel pump upgrade kit.

Now if it was a KMD kit, i would throw it in a scrap metal bin.

APR is cream of the crop though.

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
I have not heard too many failures of the Autotech fuel pump upgrade kit.

Now if it was a KMD kit, i would throw it in a scrap metal bin.

APR is cream of the crop though.

I agree! :thumbsup:

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Make sure its installed in a clean proper environment and you and the pump will be fine. Biggest part is if your installing the pump yourself clean clean clean is the key word.