GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

auto rain sensing wipers

TheDoc46

Ready to race!
Admittedly I've not researched it, but i find the auto wipers coming on a bit annoying.. I'd much rather have it at a set schedule on the intermittent settings.

I have a vagcom, anyone know how to switch off the auto rain sensing feature ?

jaysian

Passed Driver's Ed
I think to turn on the rain sensing wipers, you have to leave the wiper stock in the first position. To have the sensors off, you should have the wiper stock in the bottom position.

fudsey

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MkV GTI
As luka said, you can switch it in the car menu in the head unit. I agree with you and switched mine off as well.

TheDoc46

Ready to race!
I'm going to give Rain-X a go on my car... See how effective it is, and see if it resolves the poor performance of the Gti wipers, as in eliminate the need for them ! lol

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I'm going to give Rain-X a go on my car... See how effective it is, and see if it resolves the poor performance of the Gti wipers, as in eliminate the need for them ! lol

I started using Rain-X a few years ago. Sorry I didn't when it first came out. Great for the rain and I imagine in snowy/icy conditions too. You do need to get up to about 45 MPH for the water to start rolling up though. And, yes the wipers blades work as if they're lubricated.

luka1

Ready to race!
You can also adjust the sensitivity by adjusting your wiper interval setting through the wiper stalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fudsey

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MkV GTI
My auto wipers don't come on. What am I doing wrong. And yes, it's raining hard.

Do you have it enabled in the car menu and do you have the stalk up one in auto/intermittent position? The sensitivity selector on the top of the stalk, closest to the steering wheel is lowest sensitivity setting, furthest away is higher sensitivity.

Fanis1

Ready to race!
My auto wipers don't come on. What am I doing wrong. And yes, it's raining hard.

Correct me if I'm worng guys, but I think, even if you have the wipers on the Auto position, they won't automaticaly wipe, until you get them on the Off position and then back to the Auto. That is in case there is ice on the windshield, so they don't get damaged by automaticaly wiping the moment you turn the ignition on.

CharlieG

Passed Driver's Ed
Correct me if I'm worng guys, but I think, even if you have the wipers on the Auto position, they won't automaticaly wipe, until you get them on the Off position and then back to the Auto. That is in case there is ice on the windshield, so they don't get damaged by automaticaly wiping the moment you turn the ignition on.
Well, if my wiper switch is in the auto position my wipers come on automatically. I don't have to move the switch at all.

Last edited: