GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Auto Lock

jimboski10

Ready to race!
I am trying to figure out what this does....in the infotainment system, under vehicle settings, under open/close, under central locking. What does the “lock automatically” setting do?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
That option activates central locking once the vehicle hits a certain speed. Exact speed might be listed in owners manual. Have you looked into it?

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
That setting enables the car to auto-lock the doors after a certain time period has passed if the doors are closed and left unlocked

jimboski10

Ready to race!
That option activates central locking once the vehicle hits a certain speed. Exact speed might be listed in owners manual. Have you looked into it?

Thanks VJ123...I don’t have an owners manual. Was not sure if it was drive away locking, or walking away with key fob locking. Cleared up...thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

777-300ER

Go Kart Newbie
Anyone know what the coding to disable the auto unlock when the car is put into park? I really don't like it.

sar316

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone know what the coding to disable the auto unlock when the car is put into park? I really don't like it.
Don't know about putting it in park since I have a MT, but I disabled the auto unlocking when the engine is shut off. (09 central electrics > ZV autolock > auto unlock NAR > change from active to not active)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
sar,

so you then check off autolock and it will lock when at speed but NOT unlock?

must try this

thx

Mud

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Let us know how it works. You have DSG?

It sounds useful because someone could be hiding or jump out of a vehicle and jack you when you park.

sar316

Passed Driver's Ed
sar,

so you then check off autolock and it will lock when at speed but NOT unlock?

must try this

thx

Mud
You gotta change the auto unlock with obdeleven or VCDS. Checking off autolock with the infotainment will just prevent the car from locking when you start driving.

Mine works perfect now, locks by itself and doesn't unlock for carjackers. [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk