GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AUssie SatNav Options

WLDGTI

You'll all be wishing you ordered sat nav when you see mine displaying TV on it in a few weeks :p

You can retrofit the MFD also - Harding European are one shop I know that has done it

IML337 Where have you tracked the tuner from? I've been looking for a TV tuner for the Satnav units but can't seem to find one, only been able to track down the cables for it only, also i have read on a german post that you can also plug a Ipod in the AUX A input and a TV tuner in the AUX A/V at the same time and still keep the 6stack CD.

nike61

Ready to race!
Interesting I was at the dealer for first service today. They mentioned that the Golf GTI SatNav may not be able to be retro fitted :iono:
They did say however, that the new Jetta SatNav has a changable headunit and they are checking if this can be used, but at $2990 its alot for just SatNav so the TomTom etc may be best choice.

They did suggest and were hearing good feedback of the new Pioneer AVIC-D3 which was the subject of this thread, which has all functions. They also offerred to supply and fit once available and will give me a price.

For me it may be better if price reasonable, as they can then ensure correct fitup and compliance with warranty :w00t:

-mission-

Direkt Schalt Getriebe
Car(s)
MY07 Golf GTI
Interesting I was at the dealer for first service today.
Yeah I think I spied your car there today at Osborne Park. :thumbsup:

When I take delivery I'll be looking at scuff plates, boot liners, other extras etc ... will get the trade prices in $AUD so you guys know what they are.

- M -

IML337

bahnstorming
IML337 Where have you tracked the tuner from? I've been looking for a TV tuner for the Satnav units but can't seem to find one, only been able to track down the cables for it only, also i have read on a german post that you can also plug a Ipod in the AUX A input and a TV tuner in the AUX A/V at the same time and still keep the 6stack CD.

Ask an eBay seller that's selling the cables if they can give you a kit - that's what I did

not sure if it's arrived yet though, as I've been away for a while

more to come soon :) (when I get time to look at it!)

moomoonel

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Is it possible to import a US unit and retrofit here...using a OZ map dvd?