GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AST Coilovers -> Auto-x / Track

Car(s)
I plan on getting these once their camber plates are released.
I spoke with them the other day and they have two sets of camber plates out right now for testing.

AST is very popular with BMW and Porsche, as to Ohlins for Audi/VW's

Ill be out at ThunderHill with NCRC this weekend you should make it out. I Believe the only group that is still open is the Advanced group (which i am in) Would be fun to play with some fellow VW's

BinaryPie

Moar Fast!
I plan on getting these once their camber plates are released.
I spoke with them the other day and they have two sets of camber plates out right now for testing.

AST is very popular with BMW and Porsche, as to Ohlins for Audi/VW's

Ill be out at ThunderHill with NCRC this weekend you should make it out. I Believe the only group that is still open is the Advanced group (which i am in) Would be fun to play with some fellow VW's

Joe i will be there sunday.

I believe we have met. I'm Charles :)

BinaryPie

Moar Fast!
Awesome, Darren told me you were interested in new wheels already.

Ill be there friday night, im still deciding if i want to do sunday yet, but we'll see

New wheels no. I love my OZs.

I'm looking for a new set of coilovers and debating a K04. Still waiting for my sway bar from APR.

These AST are at the top of my list. Probably go with the 5000 series. I'm not sure which spring rates yet.

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2005 S2000
A ton of the Vorshlag test drivers and AST drivers are out in my area. All of them swear by their products. If I could drop the coin on the full coils I would do it in a heartbeat.

Car(s)
Im currently running 9kg (506lbs) front and 7kg (393lbs) rear probably going to switch out the rears to 8kg (450lbs/inch)

If you plan on getting serious with tracking your car than i would consider these JIC or Motons, but for everyday driving and occasional track days i think those listed would be a waste of money unless you have the money to do so, otherwise i would just stick with those KW's untill they fail.

97C280

Stage 2
I thought you had KW V3s Charles?

Do you guys know if the V3 for DSG will work for 6MT?

BinaryPie

Moar Fast!
I thought you had KW V3s Charles?

Do you guys know if the V3 for DSG will work for 6MT?

I have v2s and I really am not happy with the performance of the progressive springs when cornering.

As far as the DSG vs 6mt. the DSG car is slightly heavier so the spring dynamics (since they are progressive they don't have weights) on the DSG is probably a little different.

i'd call KW if you want a defined answer. But I don't think you'll run into too many problems.

BinaryPie

Moar Fast!
Im currently running 9kg (506lbs) front and 7kg (393lbs) rear probably going to switch out the rears to 8kg (450lbs/inch)

If you plan on getting serious with tracking your car than i would consider these JIC or Motons, but for everyday driving and occasional track days i think those listed would be a waste of money unless you have the money to do so, otherwise i would just stick with those KW's untill they fail.

Yeah I'm going to stick with my KWs for now until I get out of beginner land on the tack days. Once I'm more competent on the tack I'm sure Ill want to upgrade my suspension as I'm not overly happy with them during last season's auto-x.

My goal is to actually trade auto-x for track days. I'd rather pay 200 dollars and race against my own times than spend 50 dollars and wait around in the sun all day fetching cones for 3 - 5 runs.