GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ASA AR9 ...

<{FleshFixxer}>

One Nation, Under My Fast
damn, i'm gone a few days and this thread gets HEATED!:fighting0030:
must be the hot weather, makes everyone looney.

so whatever happened to those AR9's, or is everyone just looking the other way?
carbon look

eddmkv

RIDE TILL I DIE
bump this thread!

has anyone seen these in person yet, any pics of it on a GTI, come guys need feedback, thinkin about buying these on my TR...

jpun15

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'08 GTI 6MT
Im totally open to opinions, you can say you dont like the setup, u can say the ride looks a lil high maybe i shud drop it, but all this shit like "those rims look horrible, that silver center on them ruins everything, ur 4x4 ride looks like shit, ur a cheap ass who doesnt know about what our cars are used for..." all that shit. Give it a rest. Sorry I ever fuckin posted a picture on this thread anyhow, bunch of assholes some of u are..

Isn't this a tad contradictory? You go and say you are open to opinions but then you say don't say "shit" like your rims look bad. Don't be sorry you posted a picture, but you should be sorry for acting like a child when others make comments about the picture.

utekineir

Banned
I'm 4x4 mode, and will be that way for a bit. Don't like it, well eat a dick, or buy me suspension.

After the possibility of labor, and then the whole alignment bit the price isn't exactly cheap, and in new england i have this thing called winter to deal with, let alone shitty shitty roads. I don't want to be raising for winter, dropping for summer, aligning each time.

Sure it would be nice, and maybe i will do coilovers after the factory suspension shits the bed. Till then though i've got a lot better places i could be putting the money.

thez19

GITEE Up N Go!!
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
I'm 4x4 mode, and will be that way for a bit. Don't like it, well eat a dick, or buy me suspension.

After the possibility of labor, and then the whole alignment bit the price isn't exactly cheap, and in new england i have this thing called winter to deal with, let alone shitty shitty roads. I don't want to be raising for winter, dropping for summer, aligning each time.

Sure it would be nice, and maybe i will do coilovers after the factory suspension shits the bed. Till then though i've got a lot better places i could be putting the money.

Exactly.

And I said Im open to opinions, but when several people almost forceably tell me to lower my car or else itll look like shit, I get offended. Cuz honestly i get sick n tired of the same ol same ol comment bout dropping it..not all people like on flat dry land like AZ or Cali. I def agree with the above, new england roads do suck ass alotta the time, and dropping it could raise the hassle level as far as possible undercarriage or body damage, that would also be the same in the winter time.

<{FleshFixxer}>

One Nation, Under My Fast
Nope, still have not seen those AR9's anywhere. Don't think they're too popular lol!

On a side note, gotta agree with utekineir. For me, maybe eibach springs at the most but waaaay down the road after a few mods. When it's winter where i live it really DUMPS and as far as i can tell, the rieger bodykit is the lowest to the ground out of all the kits that i've seen, so going really low would definitely not be a good idea. I'd like to leave the snow shovelling to the snow shovels.

alexmkv

Ready to race!
Hey guys,
I hate to bring this 4x4 suspension thing up again, but it's a fact that in Europe the GTI comes about 1.2" lower than North America. Specially the early built 2006 and 2007 models before they revised the ride height for North America. If you don't believe it, measure the gap and get someone from europe to measure it, it will be way lower. The car was never actually designed with that much gap, I measured the gap in mine and it was 3.25" before I dropped it.
To clarify things, the car was designed with the European gap in mind, which is about 1.2" lower than North America since it came out in Europe in late 2004 or earlier.
Don't ask me why they raised it, probably a legal thing or they know we have extremely bad/horrible roads compared to western europe. If you go to the dealership you can get the aftermarket VW springs, which I'm willing to bet are the OEM springs they install on Euro model GTIs. I could be wrong about this last one.
If you need more proof... take a look at the red GTI top gear tests in season 5, search for it on youtube and you will.. small gap...
case closed!

utekineir

Banned
I don't think the 4x4 outburst was about the intended design.

It was more about the demanding attitude from some people to lower cars thats in a lot of threads.

Parts cost money, labor if you cant do it yourself costs money, an alignment costs money. Not everyone has massive bankroll, not everyone is a 16-18 year old racer boy in california or florida. Some perspective on things is what they were asking for i think.

On the other hand, if someone buys a bunch of cosmetic mods including stretched anus tires on poking wheels without a drop. Hell yes, make fun of them to no end.

vlkswgnbgmn66

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Fahrenheit GTI #473
Exactly.

And I said Im open to opinions, but when several people almost forceably tell me to lower my car or else itll look like shit, I get offended. Cuz honestly i get sick n tired of the same ol same ol comment bout dropping it..not all people like on flat dry land like AZ or Cali. I def agree with the above, new england roads do suck ass alotta the time, and dropping it could raise the hassle level as far as possible undercarriage or body damage, that would also be the same in the winter time.

California roads SUCK ASS ALL OF THE TIME!!! Lowering your car here is just like anywhere. Shit's gonna get fucked up and you deal with it and fix it, or leave your car alone and not have to worry bout it. I prefer to drop my vehicles cause it looks better. My shit drags in almost ANY driveway regardless if I enter/exit driveways sideways or go through intersections I'm not familiar with or find big ass potholes that weren't there yesterday. Don't think Cali people have it made here. We have some cheap asses running our state too...:rolleyes:

thez19

GITEE Up N Go!!
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
Have you been to this side of the world lately? And yes ive been to many parts of cali and AZ, etc. The roads of mostly flat and long. It really just comes down to actual science here too, think bout it, we get ALOT more snow and ice, therefore plowing, roads getting chipped up, etc. Potholes form, yada yada. We have it way worse then you mah friend. And honestly I dont see the point of throwing 1k bucks into ur suspension just so it looks a little cooler, ya it may ride a little better, but when conflicted with the cons of driving on crappy roads and snow in winter, ill pass.

vlkswgnbgmn66

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Fahrenheit GTI #473
Have you been to this side of the world lately? And yes ive been to many parts of cali and AZ, etc. The roads of mostly flat and long. It really just comes down to actual science here too, think bout it, we get ALOT more snow and ice, therefore plowing, roads getting chipped up, etc. Potholes form, yada yada. We have it way worse then you mah friend. And honestly I dont see the point of throwing 1k bucks into ur suspension just so it looks a little cooler, ya it may ride a little better, but when conflicted with the cons of driving on crappy roads and snow in winter, ill pass.

You're oblivious and a lost cause and just wanna argue with everyone on here. :attention_whore: Get the fuck over the criticisms.