GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR upgrade to tunes?

dave80

Go Kart Champion
Also, don't hear much from APR because I'm pretty sure their rep was banned? - I could be wrong.

nah. Mk6 is where the money is now. Next will be the Mk7 and the Mk6 forum will be abandoned slowly like us here.

Driver Motorsport

Ready to race!
To clarify, that post was previous to Andrew helping us out. I'll have him edit it.

It is not our policy to talk poorly of competitors. We haven't participated in that type of stuff since we came onto the forums.

As far as their new files, I'm sure it is an improvement over their existing offerings but I'm still confident in the work we've been doing with the TSI K04+. As of now, they'll likely get it finished before we do because I have the F23T calibration on the agenda as well and it's been a balancing act. I feel the torque delivery on our file and various features will still remain a solid selling point.

Tutti57

Ready to race!
I think you should leave all the talking to Bronson. Shit talking another company will not get you any sales. Few people switched tunes to another company and they still had problems. First time I see DM trying to say their tune is better, trouble free and on top of it all shit talk another company down. Wondering now if you guys will even exist by the end of 2014.

Pretty sure he doesn't work for DM. Just happier with their tune over apr like a lot of people have been.

Car(s)
Subaru
Pretty sure he doesn't work for DM. Just happier with their tune over apr like a lot of people have been.

Yeah, I'm mainly helping out. I'm going to still be as professional as I can and sorry I posted that. I since deleted that post.

Sent from my flip phone

dave80

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, I'm mainly helping out. I'm going to still be as professional as I can and sorry I posted that. I since deleted that post.

Sent from my flip phone

I deleted my post also with respect for DM and what they do, but you fooled me with all the DM info on your profile. Really looks like you work for them. Sorry for misreading that.

Tutti57

Ready to race!
Ha

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

FastersBetter

Ready to race!
No but while I was thinking of getting a DM... I'm putting that on hold this year and opting for the free upgrade at APR! Very interested to see how they mapped out first and second gears torque to keep my tires from shredding. And they finally advertise the 100 oct HP file! I was a little dissapointed in the HP number but the torque looks pretty compelling. Here's a snippet:
Using 93-octane fuel, the APR K04 Turbocharger System produces an astonishing 360 horsepower and 382 ft-lbs of torque. Unlike the factory turbocharger, power stays strong and doesn’t dramatically taper towards the vehicle’s new 7,100 RPM redline. Switching to APR’s 100 octane race fuel mode, peak power and torque climb further to 375 horsepower and 408 ft-lbs of torque. APR’s calibration experts have safely maximized the full power potential of the turbocharger unit, while keeping reliability at the forefront of their calibration strategies

I'm booking an to reprogram ASAP!

dave80

Go Kart Champion
I did get flashed to the new V3.0 file yesterday , but having issues with the new tune. There is one more mkv with issues also. Anyone from here?

Car(s)
Subaru
The v3.0 I believe requires a 3bar map sensor, so my guess is it's for k04 guys. They prolly changed a few things for k03 but the k03 is about maxed out as is

Sent from my flip phone

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
This is for the TSI only right?

FastersBetter

Ready to race!
I'm scheduled to get the 3.0 programmed for my TSI K04 this Saturday. I better check to see if I need the 3 bar MAF first....