GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Apr tune Issues

VW_GTI5

Eat Sleep VW
Is there an Apr sponser on here that can actually tell me what going wrong with my car or at least set me in the right direction. I got my car chipped with Stage 2 last week working great but now it keeps going into limp mode, but it's not throwing codes when goes into limp mode:iono: I've looked into everything I thought it could be. Checked for boost leaks, cleaned my MAF helped a little but I still think there is a problem sense I am still not making full power. I really could use some advise here. I got a hold of my Apr dealer and he wants to charge me another $100 bucks just to run a diagnostic. Really not in the mood to pay more money for something that should be been done right the first time. I'm not dawgin on the Apr software or anything but my car was running awesome till I got it flashed with their software.

ThumbThumbs

Banned
Does it go into limp mode when you stomp on it? Complete guess but maybe its a fuel cut

VW_GTI5

Eat Sleep VW
well it actually just randomly goes into limp mode. Like last night was just cruising around town and I slowed down for a light and when I went to accelerate it went into limp mode. I wasn't wot either, I was babying it. The first time it went into limp mode I was driving on the highway. I guess it could be fuel cut's but I just had my fuel pump replaced last summer so I wouldn't think it would be going bad already.

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
scan it, could be a softcode (no MIL).

I probably put the most APR STG2 mileage on a mk5 (there are also a shit tonne of stg2 mk5s), the software more than likely is not the issue. I'd get it logged and see what's going on.

I had issues with my BSH DV when it was colder, the grease was contaminated with blow by/water and it would stick open throw it in to limp mode.

Cosmo

chillin'
When you say the fuel pump was replaced, are you referring to the low-pressure or high-pressure pump? Depending on your miles, I would inspect the cam follower ASAP.

If you don't want the tuner to diagnose it, find a local dubber with a vag-com cable and post some logs. You'll get plenty of help diagnosing them.

I know it is hard, but don't hate the tuner. The tune likely isn't to blame. The tune is generic, so unless they accidentally loaded an incorrect tune it is more likely that the increased boost and fuel demands are simply exposing a pre-existing mechanical issue with the car. If they did actually load the wrong tune, they should eat the cost of diagnosing. Otherwise, it isn't their fault and they should be fairly compensated for figuring out what is wrong.

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL

rbradleymedmd

Go Kart Champion
my first thought, but doesn't MIL come on with it?

MIL is usually tripped by the frequency of the events when it comes to 'soft' CEL issues. I'm guessing the OP just isn't running into the issue enough for the MIL to indicate an issue. However, I would imagine that over time, the issue will become more reoccurring/pronounced and trip the MIL. Again, this might not be the issue at hand, but definitely something I would look into as a possible troubleshooting area. :thumbsup:

Midwest Hick

verrUcktVW
Car(s)
Candy White GTI
could it be the Downpipe not fully connected?

dubbin

All in, All out..
Car(s)
09 GTI
^^ thats something he would hear an would hope would put into the description of the problem he is having. I would still say its a cam follower/fuel cut scenario here...

piston

Options
scan it, could be a softcode (no MIL).

I probably put the most APR STG2 mileage on a mk5 (there are also a shit tonne of stg2 mk5s), the software more than likely is not the issue. I'd get it logged and see what's going on.

I had issues with my BSH DV when it was colder, the grease was contaminated with blow by/water and it would stick open throw it in to limp mode.
I agree.
Get a Vagcom full scan and see if anything turns up.

Also, have you tried switching to stock mode and see if it still goes into limp mode?

VW_GTI5

Eat Sleep VW
Ok well to answer your questions. The car has 47,600 miles on it. It's the FSI and no I wasn't having this problem at all while its in stock mode. It's wasn't throwing the cel light at all at first but finally came on yesterday. I' am waiting for my vag com to come in the mail so I can run the logs like you guys have suggested. For the fuel pump it was the high pressure one that was replaced under warranty last summer by the dealership. Oh and I have a nuespeed cai and I cleaned out the MAF thinking it could be dirty possibly. Is there a cam follower diy on here so I can take at look that tomorrow. I also made sure the downpipe was connected fully to while i was inspecting my dv valve.