GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Apr stage 2 boost pressure

E46M3MK5GTI

Car(s)
2006 gti
Ok so I bought my bone stock 2006 gti 2.0t with a stage 1 apr tune and I decided to go stage 2 and installed catless downpipe, air intake, fast bits dv+, spulen throttle pipe and a new south performance boost gauge. The upgraded parts really made a difference made the car really snappy and boost hit really hard. And since the tune from stage 1 to 2 I didn't feel much difference still boosting about 15psi max and then drops and holds at 10ps1. Should I be pushing more boost? I thought I was gonna be at 20 psi holding 15. So maybe I have a leak somewhere? I did notice the car burns a lot more tire on first gear and some at second gear. when the boost hits but I expected higher boost levels. Still spitting the same boost as stage 1. Is there another way I can turn the boost up like a boost controller ? I also have the check engine light for low fuel pressure but the car runs great I heard the catless downpipe can cause that code. And I don't think that's affecting the boost pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DylanRWong

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
You might want to go and make sure all of the turbo piping is properly seated. I have a 2006 with APR Stage 2, and I peak at 20psi, and hold at 15psi, slowly dropping down to 10psi at redline.

Also, if you're planning on running without an engine cover for the rest of eternity, I'd recommend this DIY. Really cleans up the engine bay IMO.