GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Flash

kaess

Go Kart Newbie
Does anyone have the APR 93 oct chip? How do you like it? Does it really make 303lb ft of torque because that is the same amount of torque that the Audi B7 S4 has with a v8? Thanks.

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
kaess said:
Does anyone have the APR 93 oct chip? How do you like it? Does it really make 303lb ft of torque because that is the same amount of torque that the Audi B7 S4 has with a v8? Thanks.

I got it, love it, no dyno to be sure, but I love the feel.

:headbang:

etiolate

Passed Driver's Ed
im still undecided between the apr, revo, or giac. regardless, is it a bad idea to get flashed if you plan on taking long road trips? I don't do it very often but i have a few trips coming up - 4 hours + how do i handle that ?

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Reflashing your car does nothing to effect you taking a road trip. You don't have to beat the piss out of the car all the time. You can drive the whole 4 hour trip without even using your turbo. Most of the time when I'm driving I never take the boost PSI higher than what it goes stock. Does this make sense? I know because I have a boost gauge and can regulate/monitor my turbo usage. Anyways, unless your running "pedal to the medal" your tubo isn't really running any harder. Actually, it may be beneficial to chip it for a trip. Many of us have got better gas mileage since reflashing our cars. :thumbsup:

etiolate

Passed Driver's Ed
kirk180 said:
Reflashing your car does nothing to effect you taking a road trip. You don't have to beat the piss out of the car all the time. You can drive the whole 4 hour trip without even using your turbo. Most of the time when I'm driving I never take the boost PSI higher than what it goes stock. Does this make sense? I know because I have a boost gauge and can regulate/monitor my turbo usage. Anyways, unless your running "pedal to the medal" your tubo isn't really running any harder. Actually, it may be beneficial to chip it for a trip. Many of us have got better gas mileage since reflashing our cars. :thumbsup:

kickass, thanks.

hensley01

mad rabbit
Car(s)
06 GTI
I have the APR and travel from Colorado Springs To Dallas often and have never had a proble. The only thing iv had is i ran it really hard for a bout an hour and the check engine light came on. I stopped and got it checked and the guy said it was the fuel presure reg. The light went out before i even got to my destination, but has anyone else had this problem besides me.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
hensley01 said:
I have the APR and travel from Colorado Springs To Dallas often and have never had a proble. The only thing iv had is i ran it really hard for a bout an hour and the check engine light came on. I stopped and got it checked and the guy said it was the fuel presure reg. The light went out before i even got to my destination, but has anyone else had this problem besides me.
Not me:iono:

GTI44

Brick Shithouse!!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
i've had the chip about a month and let me tell you lovin' every minute of it! the power is so strong and smooth. I also get 1/3 mpg better after getting chipped.

P.S. can't wait for the evoms v-flow to come in !!!!!!!

Temper

Touch my monkey..
Lead the way!

CT-GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Anyone care to tell us what they paid for the APR reflash?
Or atleast give us a general ballpark figure?
Also, what options did you go for?
How many programs?
Flipswitch?
Security lockout?
Fault code erase?

And are you happy with the options you chose, or do you wish you did or did not chose something else that APR offers?

Thanks in advance for the info.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
I just went for the 93 octane and stock programs for now. I'm happy with them and don't really have a need for any of the others (Valet, 100 octane, 91 octane, etc). Especially no the valet. Nobody drives my GTI. Anyways, I paid about $800 for it and haven't had any problems yet. The 93 octane program is nice:thumbsup: For obvious reasons I'd suggest keeping the stock program though.

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
CT-GTI said:
Anyone care to tell us what they paid for the APR reflash?
Or atleast give us a general ballpark figure?
Also, what options did you go for?
How many programs?
Flipswitch?
Security lockout?
Fault code erase?

And are you happy with the options you chose, or do you wish you did or did not chose something else that APR offers?

Thanks in advance for the info.

I paid $740.00 for mine and got everything.

stock,91,93,100 + Security + Valet (and yes they do the fault code erase automatically).

I got it at DurtyFest here in ATL, directly from APR so it was discounted.

I mostly use just 93 octane and stock. 100 I will use when I go to the track. Security I never use because I park my car in a garage, but I'll probablly use it when I go to a concert or something. Valet I used once to mess with my buddy when I let him drive my car. Just get 93 and stock that's all you need. If your in California where all they have is 91 then get that and stock.

:headbang: