GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Exhausts with RSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaber

Modero
Crew posted his story about his A3. Would be interesting to find out Halvie's side.

mustache rash

Go Kart Champion
Apr burning crew219 was a huge mistake for the company. Actually giving him so much inside info was the mistake. Wtf was Arin thinking?

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
I don't know about any of you, but if I paid for something I want it exactly as how it was described. If I wanted a hacked up exhaust (assuming the allegation is true), I would buy a hacked up, bottom quality exhaust.

Just because they don't manufacture it doesn't mean they're absolved completely of the issue. They still distribute the exhaust and/or brand it with their name.

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
I don't know about any of you, but if I paid for something I want it exactly as how it was described. If I wanted a hacked up exhaust (assuming the allegation is true), I would buy a hacked up, bottom quality exhaust.

Just because they don't manufacture it doesn't mean they're absolved completely of the issue. They still distribute the exhaust and/or brand it with their name.

Not just that, but they've positioned their brand as a 'premium' brand with premium pricing - you'd expect a premium product.

Those cutaways are anything but premium.

rupertpupkin

Ready to race!
Haha Love how they played everyone and took everyone's cash only to blow it on bad investments and piss everyone off. Karma is a bitch. Hope they get the shaft.

Sorry had to put my phone down, my shift bracket must have flexed.

Fixed that for you. ;)

steemax

Go Kart Champion
well... I mind as well join in on the hating since I never like them to begin with... down with APR!!! yay!

Seriously though my half the cost SPM exhaust probably looks like a million bucks compared to those pics.

boosted135

Ready to race!
well... I mind as well join in on the hating since I never like them to begin with... down with APR!!! yay!

Seriously though my half the cost SPM exhaust probably looks like a million bucks compared to those pics.

Top tier marketing firms within the VAG modification scene have you all by the short hairs. In the BMW world no one would ever dream of paying the prices that APR charges for an intercooler, downpipe, or catback unless it's an Akra or Esienmann product. The Carbonio intake is Exhibit A of APR's bullshit marketing schemes. It's a 2 litre 4 banger, you don't need a carbon fiber heat shielded intake system. Also, recurring price gouges for flash tune upgrades is such dirty politics. Not to mention paying another additional upgrade for k04 or big turbo software. I could get a Cobb accessport with a fucking protune for the price that APR charges to upgrade from Stage I to k04.

They have Apple like marketing strategies in terms of release dates and hype; the only problem is that their products scream middle of the road.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
my only concern was that there are no baffles in the system. i'm not sure what everyone else has issues with. it's basically a straight piped exhaust without the drone. and each exhaust has a different resonator, especially on the mk5 where the resonators are displaced between models.

Status
Not open for further replies.