GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Down Pipe

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
kirk180 said:
Will getting the APR down pipe mess up my APR reflash program for stock exhaust? And if so, would I be able to buy the downpipe and then purchase the 3"TBE flash program and have it perform the same even though I only bought the downpipe?:iono:

you would have to ask APR to know for sure... my guess would say that because you are removing the most restrictive part (downpipe) and add the most beneficial part of the TB (APR downpipe) then the software would work just fine, may not as good as doing the whole TB exhaust + software but better than with nothing.

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
Amier said:
so can i get a downpipe and a muffler?

Yes...

Your exhaust goes from the turbo to the muffler and is spilt into two parts either part or both can be replaced.... down pipe, which goes from the turbo to the mufflers and houses the cat... Cat back is from the catalytic converter to the open air of the muffler, it houses two mufflers, the first muffler is called the resonanator, the second the muffler...

hope this helps a little.

here is a pic of the APR TB back system... the piece on the top and right are the down-pipe... the pieces in the middle and bottom are the exhaust and resonator...

Grey77

Go Kart Newbie
mkfast5 said:
just the downpipe will defiantly make a diff. noise wise and performance wise, i just ordered a 3inch ghl downpipe and im just gona bring the car down some muffler shop and have them put that on and take out both my mufflers and just rip a straight pipe back with some tips if i can, that way it will be loud as all and fast! and a reason to get pulled over everywhere i go

Do you have a link to the GHL downpipe? I can't find anything for the MkV on their website.

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
Grey77 said:
Do you have a link to the GHL downpipe? I can't find anything for the MkV on their website.

Most companies that make cat backs make down pipe, APR, Miltek, Techtronic, GHL etc..

these guys carry GHL

http://www.fixxtuning.com/

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
r u sure? I thought they were... the miltek one is, or so the distributor said it was

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Don't know that you will find one that bolts on to the factory pipes.