GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Apple Watch, anyone?

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
Did anywhere here order an Apple Watch? I'm somewhat of an Apple fanboy, so when they release a brand new product I have to at least try it out.

If so, do you like it? Have you even received it yet?

I ordered mine last Friday and it's not going to get here for probably another two to three weeks, if I'm lucky.

I went with the basic 42mm Space Grey Sport model. No reason to shell out $600+ on something that will be 'outdated' in a year.

Anyone have any first impressions?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
My neighbor just got one. I like the idea of the text messages on it, I guess. Otherwise, what else does it do? and honestly, its slow to turn on the face when he brings it up. For that kind of dough, I'd want it to be turning on mid-arm movement! lol.

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW
My buddy has the galaxy watch, and he looks absolutely mad when he takes calls on it haha

Brendon

Ready to race!
I am also an everything Apple sort of person. That being said, it's more of toy. Some of the features are pretty neat like being able to respond to text messages from the watch. The third party app support isn't really there yet. I will get one eventually but I can't justify it right now.

USPMotorsports

Ready to race!
Cant justify it.... 1000$ for the band I want....

So it does the same thing my phone does? I like the convenience but I dont think that outweighs the price tag on it currently.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI

got mine super cheap...

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
Yeah when it was first announced at the press event I wasn't all that impressed and thought the same thing as you guys said. It didn't look all that useful. It didn't 'grab' me like most Apple products do.

However, once I went into the Apple Store to try one on and play with it a little bit, I was sold.

The operating system is in its infant stages, it will only get smoother and deeper from here. I'm mostly excited to see what type of apps they can come up with being it such a personal device.

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
Yeah when it was first announced at the press event I wasn't all that impressed and thought the same thing as you guys said. It didn't look all that useful. It didn't 'grab' me like most Apple products do.

However, once I went into the Apple Store to try one on and play with it a little bit, I was sold.

The operating system is in its infant stages, it will only get smoother and deeper from here. I'm mostly excited to see what type of apps they can come up with being it such a personal device.

Its first gen....so wait until the second gen comes out lol