GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone want a set of stock Denver 17"s... "FREE" | DFW

Torquey

on_the_overrun
They are in pretty hideous shape, cosmetically speaking (curb rash galore)... but are straight and true. I'm getting new wheels next week, and don't have room to keep these. Lemme know if you can help me reset couple of things with VAGCOM, and the wheels (not tires) are yours :smile:

xatnys360

Ready to race!
Hell, I'll take them I guess. I also have a VagCom - where are you in DFW?

Torquey

on_the_overrun
Hell, I'll take them I guess. I also have a VagCom - where are you in DFW?

Cool... they are yours!

Only thing is... ran into a little snag with the new wheels, Apparently these ET40 LM Reps (STR brand), don't quite clear GTi front calipers?? Discount Tires, tried mounting it today, and it's ever so slightly touching the calipers! So looks like I may need to get a pair of 3/5mm spacers :rolleyes:

p.s. I'm in Richardson... but can drive to meet up. I got a 'service interval' warning that needs reset, And I'd really like to know if the car has tune on it... or not, from the previous owner.

xatnys360

Ready to race!
I'll be in Richardson this weekend, and will be up there again the weekend of the 30th/31st.

Are you talking about the "Service Now" thing that can be cleared with the clock-button-combo trick?

VCDS can't strictly determine whether or not a car has stock software. One could do a pull and observe actual/requested boost - if the car is tuned, it should be boosting closer to 20psi than the stock 14psi-ish...

Torquey

on_the_overrun
I'll be in Richardson this weekend, and will be up there again the weekend of the 30th/31st.

Are you talking about the "Service Now" thing that can be cleared with the clock-button-combo trick?

VCDS can't strictly determine whether or not a car has stock software. One could do a pull and observe actual/requested boost - if the car is tuned, it should be boosting closer to 20psi than the stock 14psi-ish...

Sounds good.. we can meet up this weekend then. sending you IM.