GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone using the Powerflex hybrid dogbone puck?

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
I was actually referring to u lmao! Speak of the devil!

have u gotten a chance to push it a bit? Anything u can say about the new one vs the insert?

that tornado red with those wheels looks so naughty
Everything feels great. Shifts are crisp and no extra movement. Nvh isn’t bad at all. Highly recommend

Covelight

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
I'm happy to read of the PowerFlex's success for you guys. Dropped my R off at my shop (TyrolSport) for this PowerFlex, as well as BFI's Stage 1 Engine and Transmission mounts, to be done. Looking forward to how it'll feel versus the stock units I have.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
To save me from going through this whole thread, does anyone use this hybrid bushing with the Roc Euro solid pendulum mount?
If so, what is your opinion of the combination of those two parts?

I have the Roc Euro arm with an ECS lower bushing (that may be torn) and want to upgrade.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I'm happy to read of the PowerFlex's success for you guys. Dropped my R off at my shop (TyrolSport) for this PowerFlex, as well as BFI's Stage 1 Engine and Transmission mounts, to be done. Looking forward to how it'll feel versus the stock units I have.
That's my setup. It's great.
Just check you mounts periodically. Mine was completely loose after 20k miles.

narsnail

Car(s)
2017 Golf R 6 Speed
I always tighten dogbone bolt to spec with loctite and it stays that way with very little vibration for about a month or two, then gets significantly worse until I tighten it again. I bought a new bolt, hopefully this is the end of that.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I always tighten dogbone bolt to spec with loctite and it stays that way with very little vibration for about a month or two, then gets significantly worse until I tighten it again. I bought a new bolt, hopefully this is the end of that.
...did you reuse the stock one?

narsnail

Car(s)
2017 Golf R 6 Speed
...did you reuse the stock one?
Yes, multiple times. It's a stretch bolt, I knew it needed replacing but was just being lazy to see if I could get away with it. But that $10 I saved for the last 6 months....

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Yes, multiple times. It's a stretch bolt, I knew it needed replacing but was just being lazy to see if I could get away with it. But that $10 I saved for the last 6 months....
E-SLAP!!!

bbroecker37

Car(s)
2016 VW Golf GTI
I just thought I would share my experience with the PowerFlex Hybrid since there hasn't been a recent post about it. I installed the bushing on my car about a month ago. It replaced the 034 lower insert I had before. Like everyone else, my 034 lower insert was bent and not doing anything. Removal of the OEM lower puck wasn't too hard. I cut the rubber out using a knife and used a Dremel to cut the plastic ring. I lubed up the Powerflex and was able to shove it in all the way by hand. Tourqued everything down to spec and went for a test drive. The first thing I noticed was how crazy the vibrations were in reverse. When the car was idling I could feel vibrations with or without the AC on. Once the car was going, the vibrations were like stock. Wheel hop was completely eliminated from what I could tell. I drove the car like this for a month but decided to try the Roc-Euro pendulum arm as it was recommended by a few users on the forums. I went to install the Roc-Euro arm and noticed that the black metal insert on the Powerflex Hybrid would not fully insert into the bushing. Therefore if I were to torque the bolt down with the washer. The washer was not tight and could freely spin. I emailed Roc-Euro and he mentioned the Roc-Euro arm is slightly thicker than it used to be. Determined to make this work, I found a washer on Amazon that had similar dimensions to the Powerflex washer. I stacked the washers and I was able to torque everything down to spec. After driving around for one day, the vibrations increased significantly. I took off the Roc-Euro and reinstalled the stock arm that same day.

I happened to find a video from Last Human Garage. He was using the red Desiel version of the Powerflex insert (Not the hybrid). He modified the bushing so that it was no longer going into the stock upper puck. In his video, he mentioned that the NVH decreased significantly. I decided to pull out my Powerflex Hybrid and cut off all the parts that insert into the upper puck using a box cutter. I Installed the bushing and turqued everything down. Noticed right away that all the idle NVH and reverse NVH was gone. The car felt like stock. When I launched the car I noticed no wheel hop. So far I'm really happy with the outcome of this modification.

My car is a 2016 GTI DSG with BFI Stage 1 engine mount and trans insert. I also have the 034 subframe locking kit installed as well.

yakboyslim

Go Kart Champion
After driving around for one day, the vibrations increased significantly. I took off the Roc-Euro and reinstalled the stock arm that same day.
Do you think it was the stacked washers shifting that caused that? I just got the hybrid insert, and was considering the roceuro, but maybe that combo doesn't work anymore with the new roceuro piece.