GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone in Sydney able to instal the S6 LED for me?

simonaras

Hi Peeps,

I just bought a R32 and would like to get the LED driving lights fitted to the bumper. Im not very good at DIY so im willing to pay someone for the time and efforts.

Cheers.
Simon

jeloz

VW4Life
Hi Peeps,

I just bought a R32 and would like to get the LED driving lights fitted to the bumper. Im not very good at DIY so im willing to pay someone for the time and efforts.

Cheers.
Simon

hey mate , i got a tiny garage in Elizabeth bay to do it for me, in Roslyn Street - they got an auto electrician to come in and do his bits

Jeloz

simonaras

Hi Jeloz,

The look of yours is exactly what im after. Where did you source the item from? there are some many variations on ebay its hard to work out which one will look the best.

What did the labor cost? did they wire it to the Parkers and if so do you get any errors?
Cheers.

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
you can get them from TMTuning.com

the genuine S6 ones are about $500 US for the set.
there are other options though.

i would recommend these
Hella LEDayLine daydriving lights, at $259 US plus freight.

jason

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
i would be a little concerned as to the brightness of them.

you can clearly see that in most of the pictures of the various cars, that they are NOT
showing the ones in the listing. for example, the units in the listing ate 9 leds and the ones
on most of the cars are showing 5 leds.

they are cheaper for a good reason i think....

my 0.02c

Jason.

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
mine are the In.Pro ones.

i can't recommend them however, due to build quality.
one of mine leaks and lets water in when it rains, it then takes days to dry out again.

im going to replace mine at some stage with the Hella ones. they look almost the same
as the In.Pro ones, but i think the build quality would be much better.

Jason.

Bizi

Jetta with Rice
Car(s)
Jetta MY07
Jason, your dynabeam lights look really good; if I had your car I'd be looking for a Jetta (because it has the same paint colour option, IIRC) or maybe R32 bumper as a future upgrade.

The only thing I'd love to know about your dynabeams (the geniune ones or the lookalike Hella model without corner-turning ability) is whether anyone has put in LEDs in the space where the indicator is. In that space below the driving light.

Simonaras, have you decided to go ahead with the genuine Audi S6 LEDs?
Does your R32 already have the xenon headlights?

Cheers,
B.

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
yeah, i have thought about the R32 front end (minus the chrome), or even a GT front.
i have seen a few threads where people have done them,
and it looks like a heap of work, and expense too. maybe one day :iono:

my lights are the Dynabeams (that curve the light) not the Dyna look ones,
i suppose you could install a LED DRL strip in that section, but it would be a job for the profesionals i think.

and even then, i would be concerned that with a bright DRL in that section,
it would wash out the indicator when it's flashing.
unless you had a system that turned off the DRL on each side when you
indicated.

back on topic::: i ordered the Hella DRL's a few days ago....
will post up when they arrive.

Jason.

simonaras

Jason, your dynabeam lights look really good; if I had your car I'd be looking for a Jetta (because it has the same paint colour option, IIRC) or maybe R32 bumper as a future upgrade.

The only thing I'd love to know about your dynabeams (the geniune ones or the lookalike Hella model without corner-turning ability) is whether anyone has put in LEDs in the space where the indicator is. In that space below the driving light.

Simonaras, have you decided to go ahead with the genuine Audi S6 LEDs?
Does your R32 already have the xenon headlights?

Cheers,
B.

No have not source a set yet, I have xenon's yes. sadly had two issues with the car today.. :( not a good day.