GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

anyone in seattle with a MKV VAG-COM?

ian dummy

Ready to race!
i want to make some changes, but all my friends drive MKIVs or older and so their VAG-COM cables don't work with my GTI.

anyone have one in the seattle area who can meet up sometime the end of this week (wednesday-friday) who might want to help me make a few changes?

my weekend starts on weds morning so i can be free at any point and i don't mind coming to you.

cheers,

ian

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
if you don't mind going to a dealer Pignataro normally does basic vag com stuff for free in the service drive and if you really need stuff changed just bug the place you bought it at, they should be willing to help for free

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
if you go to Pignataro don't call in advance for service drive vag com, if you show up and make it seem like an issue they'll handle it like that but call in advance and you'll pay for it. Your best bet really should be where you purchased it

ian dummy

Ready to race!
yeah, one of the techs at carter has the CAN bus VAG-COM but is kindof a prick. the tech at carter i am friends with is talking about getting one, though. i'll prolly just go in on one with him...he's looking to buy his in a month or two anyways.

i appreciate the help, man.

crabpot

Awesomesauce
Yeah, wish I could help you out. The guy that did my vag-com work lives in Idaho, and he hooked me up during a meet we had out here this Spring. He's the only person I could find on here that had one for a MK5.

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
also if you have a laptop the rosstech vagcoms start at $200 and have a few bonus features, been thinking about getting one to reset my adaptive throttle on a regular basis