GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone else play hockey?

-SnowMan-

Ready to race!
After 6 years of not playing and 2 broken knees in between, I bought some new gear to start playing again. Anyone else play?

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
Oh yeah, that first game back hurts. :wink:

Whatever the muscles at the top of your quads are (tensor fasciae latae?), they absolutely KILL for a day or two after my first game of the season. I guess that's just a muscle that doesn't see exercise in a typical gym workout.

2nd game will hurt less, and by the 3rd game, you should feel normal again, if my experience is anything to go by.

So, from the birthplace of hockey... welcome back to the game! I hope your knees appreciate the exercise, and that you have a blast. :thumbsup:

-SnowMan-

Ready to race!
I do, you will be sore for days bud.

Oh yeah, that first game back hurts. :wink:

Whatever the muscles at the top of your quads are (tensor fasciae latae?), they absolutely KILL for a day or two after my first game of the season. I guess that's just a muscle that doesn't see exercise in a typical gym workout.

2nd game will hurt less, and by the 3rd game, you should feel normal again, if my experience is anything to go by.

So, from the birthplace of hockey... welcome back to the game! I hope your knees appreciate the exercise, and that you have a blast. :thumbsup:

I should be good, I hit the gym 4-5 days a week and I've been hitting up every open skate (2-3) a week for the past month. Hoping it goes well, Im going to some stick n' puck sessions for the next month before actually playing again.

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
You'll do fine then, man. Just find a good team to play with, in a good league. I played a great game with friends last night and it was smiles all around at the end of the night. The competitive league I play in isn't as much fun. Always some idiot who thinks he's got a shot at the NHL (at 36 years old, with a beer belly) who takes things too seriously and forgets that we all have to work on Monday. Find a league that's at least "outlawed" fighting, so you can focus on the hockey. Have fun!