GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

anyone did a dyno w/ carbonio?

initialGTI

Ready to race!
Its very hard to dyno intakes since you need good cooling fans to make the result good, plus weather, humdity...basically all the factors that can throw off the results.

Understeer'd

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 VW Golf (BPY)
^Not to mention an aftermarket intake on our cars would never provide noticible gains anyway. Your money would be more effectivly used to either towel dry your car after washing, or wiping your ass with it before flushing it down the toilet.

camoe

^Not to mention an aftermarket intake on our cars would never provide noticible gains anyway. Your money would be more effectivly used to either towel dry your car after washing, or wiping your ass with it before flushing it down the toilet.

Wow! what do you really think...;) Although my agreement could never be as colorful...;), I do agree that you won't gain much from an aftermarket intake other than:

1) Really cool lookin intake
2) Lighter wallet

Peace

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
alone they dont do much, but with mods there a must ie chip turbo back etc

kmf82

Go Kart Champion
alone they dont do much, but with mods there a must ie chip turbo back etc

I dont know about a "must", but they do help to an extent. The people that question it in the first place probably dont want to spend the money for the gain they get.

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
true.. i have a lot of bolt ons.. i need a fmic and the turbo dp and i have all the bolt ons you can get besides BTK...

camoe

My logic for thinking that it provides little if any gains is based on more than, "I don't want to spend the money." Take some time and look at the stock intake....not too complicated, nor are there any real restrictions. Now look at the design of the aftermarket intakes....not so different from stock.

Secondly, a buddy of mine got one and dyno'ed it afterwards...no change. The performance shop that I go too would love to sell more of these but, if you ask them in private, they admit that while carbon fiber looks cool....there are minimal if any gains. Exhuast, a whole different story, if matched to the chip, you can get 20 lbs of torque straight away.

Just because an aftermarket part exists, doesn't make it better just because. It does look good though and if I was showing, I'd get it.

Peace

initialGTI

Ready to race!
I think its different when it comes to N/A than Turbo

Dave1078

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
It also depends on how bad the factory intake is. A lot of newer cars have intakes that are pretty good. Plus the turbo inlet is about this big..

<------------------------->

:wink:

hahnaroo

hahnaroo
I had the P-Flo and to me all it really did was make a loud sucking noise. Especially when i got chipped, the noise got way too annoying. Im getting the carbonio soon and to me it seems its more convenient. Keep the engine cover, colder air, and looks a lot better. The P-Flo and Evoms does have bigger piping which i guess you can say more flow but honestly i think its all the same crap. Also like Dave1078 said the turbo inlet is <-------------------------> that big (I would say smaller then that) and the P-Flo is
<-------------------------------> that big. Dont know if i am right but thats kinda like having a 2.25 downpipe with a 3 inch catback. Im proabbly wrong but to me it all feels the same! Just with the carbonio i wont hear that WOOOSH and looks 10x better IMO.