GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any DJ's in here wanting to help a noob?

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
Heyo,

First, I know there are a good amount of DJ's or mixers on this forum. But I am wondering if I can get some help with starting out. This is just for fun, so Im not looking for the best of the best or to showcase anything haha. You know, techno, house, rock mixes, etc. Just looking for some suggestions on what to look for and pick up. Ive been reading up on djforums.com, but a lot of the info is confusing, vague or too damn expensive lol. I know Ill need turntables for scratching (obviously and not belt driven if possible), a mixer for mixing (obviously again), speakers (have), amp, etc.. But can anyone recommend like a good combo for starters to get and what your experiences were. I.e. Technic 1200's mixed with "so and so" mixer.

Thanks!

09vdubgti

Banned
Car(s)
mkV GTi
im thinking of getting a Kontrol s4 its basically 2 decks with a 4 channel mixer that connects to my laptop using traktor pro as mixing software.

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
That looks like an awesome option actually, except the $900 price tag lol. But the more I think about doing this, the more I want to actually be able to scratch (with a needle, not digital copy of a scratch).

WhyouCry

Ready to race!
start with getting a pair of 1200's or a pair of cdjs. you dont want to learn with software based djing. you want to train your ears not visually beat match.

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
^ Word. Any advise on mixers?