GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Another HELP thread...

dodgey

Not a VW owner
But no rush on this one... PICTURES are not of my car, so I don't have Monster Mats :happyanim:

I went to clean out my pollen filter, and a screw just dropped down after I pulled the foam piece out (the one below)

I've found out where the screw comes from (and hence a rattle solved) but I can't figure out how to put it back in without taking the entire glove box out... It screws through an eyelet on the bottom pictured piece unto something behind the glove box (direction -> screwing towards the engine)

It is actually the screw holding the vents on. (The ones picture below)

Any ideas? Guesses....

TIA

Last edited:

dodgey

Not a VW owner
Nevermind. Worked it out... Unfortunately for me, I managed to lose one of the screws that hold the foam in place, might have to head in and see if I can beg for 1 or not. Anyone know the part number for it?

:)

Last edited:

James G

Spool makes me drool.
Car(s)
'06 CW GTI 3DR
I had the foam off for my boost gauge install, in mine it's two big twisty things, not screws that hold it in! just jam it up there, you can't see it when your sat normally anyways :biggrin:

dodgey

Not a VW owner
I had the foam off for my boost gauge install, in mine it's two big twisty things, not screws that hold it in! just jam it up there, you can't see it when your sat normally anyways :biggrin:

Yeah, i'm missing one of those twisty things, except mine is a screw in one... I've put 1 back in but can't find the other....

Jethro41

Volkswagenista!!
Car(s)
VW GOLF V GTI
But no rush on this one... PICTURES are not of my car, so I don't have Monster Mats :happyanim:

I went to clean out my pollen filter, and a screw just dropped down after I pulled the foam piece out (the one below)

I've found out where the screw comes from (and hence a rattle solved) but I can't figure out how to put it back in without taking the entire glove box out... It screws through an eyelet on the bottom pictured piece unto something behind the glove box (direction -> screwing towards the engine)

It is actually the screw holding the vents on. (The ones picture below)

Any ideas? Guesses....

TIA

Hey Dodge,

Sorry for the jack, but those mats are exactly what I need up here in the tropics...are they available from VW??

And how many clams???

dodgey

Not a VW owner
Hey Dodge,

Sorry for the jack, but those mats are exactly what I need up here in the tropics...are they available from VW??

And how many clams???

Yeah love to have them too, but the pics are not of my car.... It's of a LHD (and not RHD) US car. I borrowed the pics from another site...

Last edited:

Jethro41

Volkswagenista!!
Car(s)
VW GOLF V GTI
Yeah love to have them too, but the pics are not of my car.... It's of a RHD US car. I borrowed the pics from another site...

Bugger!!!

Thanks Dodgey...I'll begin the hunt. :thumbsup:

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
Yeah love to have them too, but the pics are not of my car.... It's of a RHD US car. I borrowed the pics from another site...
Do US cars come in RHD?! :wink:

I've never seen the Monster Mats for a RHD car. If you find them Jethro, let us know because I've wanted a set for 2 years now... :frown:

Jethro41

Volkswagenista!!
Car(s)
VW GOLF V GTI
Do US cars come in RHD?! :wink:

I've never seen the Monster Mats for a RHD car. If you find them Jethro, let us know because I've wanted a set for 2 years now... :frown:

Will do.... I went to my favourite and come up with nothing...but I got the feelers out. :biggrin:

James G

Spool makes me drool.
Car(s)
'06 CW GTI 3DR
GROUB BUY! :lol:

Jethro41

Volkswagenista!!
Car(s)
VW GOLF V GTI
GROUB BUY! :lol:

If I can find them for RHD...I'd certainly be happy to arrange a GrouB Buy :biggrin:

you made an early start on the G&T's there Jimmy G???:wink:

James G

Spool makes me drool.
Car(s)
'06 CW GTI 3DR
Groub, is actually German for group.

so there

*hopes he doesn't check* :lol:

and i'm taking myself out of the group buy, rubber matts always seem to want to stick under my foot at the most in-appropriate of times, like when i need the clutch... or brake :yikes:

and i'm skint :lol: