GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

another 'extended warranty' thread but things seem to have changed...

chaddy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R32
Haven't paid yet, it was only a quote!

n00b_driver

Passed Driver's Ed
I won't argue that the prices have gone up but $2.5k is almost like daylight robbery. Kinda glad I got mine a while ago through SCC for $1.3k...

Fallen

Passed Driver's Ed
Just to clarify, are these the same extended warranties that are available even if you have already just come out of your normal manufacturer's warranty? Or are they only available if you're still in your original warranty?

Getting pricing for the Allianz Assure Advantage - is this the same one you guys are talking about? Or is it the lower packages like the Protect or Protect Plus?

Each one is for 3 years, but the Advantage is for 200,000km (as opposed to unlimited for the other 2 types, but with a reduced set of parts and system coverage).

Booba

Ready to race!
Not sure about the rest but I have been talking about the official new car warranty extension by vw. this is written by allianz and has a period of 3 years additional on top of the factory 3 years and additional 60,000km on top of the factory 100,000.

Just to clarify, are these the same extended warranties that are available even if you have already just come out of your normal manufacturer's warranty? Or are they only available if you're still in your original warranty?

Getting pricing for the Allianz Assure Advantage - is this the same one you guys are talking about? Or is it the lower packages like the Protect or Protect Plus?

Each one is for 3 years, but the Advantage is for 200,000km (as opposed to unlimited for the other 2 types, but with a reduced set of parts and system coverage).

handyhan

Passed Driver's Ed
I think everyone is missing an important point:
if u read the New Vehicle extended warranty document, it clearly stated the period of insurance as to the earlier of the following:
36 months after original warranty or "When the odometer reading reaches 60,000 kilometers more than the reading when the original manufacturer's standard new car warranty period on your vehicle ended" or 160000kms
Meaning if I have only done 60,000km after the first 3 years, my extended warranty policy will expire when my odometer reaches 120000kms (not 160000kms) or 3 years, whichever comes first

n00b_driver

Passed Driver's Ed
Fallen is probably referring to a bunch of other Allianz products available through other means and comes with different set of rules i.e. there's a policy that extends the time but capped at 100k or another one that extends both time (3-4 years) and km (up to 100k km I think?)..the claim process is slightly different from the usual VW/Allianz stuff we've been buying as it requires Allianz's approval before anything can be done.

I didn't find out about the other Allianz's offerings until I was looking for a Disco 3 a few months ago.