GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Alignment specs?

dyllicious

Felix the Cat connoisseur
I recently lowered my car and it now needs an alignment. I know the factory specs both European and American but i was wondering if anyone ran a custom spec at all like 0 toe or different caster? I do autox and its my daily driver and would want something performance oriented. If there isnt anything out there I will probably just ask for the European settings. Thanks

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
I recently lowered my car and it now needs an alignment. I know the factory specs both European and American but i was wondering if anyone ran a custom spec at all like 0 toe or different caster? I do autox and its my daily driver and would want something performance oriented. If there isnt anything out there I will probably just ask for the European settings. Thanks

The European setting is a waste of time to even ask for. The difference between the US and Euro setting so small its not worth dicking with, and not something you can even feel. The rear suspension bushings are so soft that little changes in alignment are meaningless since wheels move around so easily anyhow. If you are running spherical bearings then little changes might have some difference.

If DD, the stock alignment setting is fine, or perhaps a little toe out on back to help suggest you want the rear end to rotate. Ask your alignment tech to put rear toe at the max within the factory range, so its still within spec. Or just bias the rear pressures higher, run a rear bar and use stock alignment so you get best tire wear the other 99.99% percent of the time you're not at an autox.