GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Airbag Light Question...2006 MKV

CoolBreeze

Passed Driver's Ed
So, i just got my 2006 2.0T.... my passenger airbag "OFF" light is ALWAYS illuminated.... is this normal?dealer says it is, that they chaged the settings after 06...and 07s don't do it....pain in the ass at night!!!
of course, if the seat senses a bit of weight, but not enough, it says "OFF"..that makes sense... btu with NOTHING in the seat.. why say OFF?

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks in advance!!

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
yes that all makes sense, your light is fine. i think it needs to sense like 20 or 30 pounds of pressure before the "pass airbag OFF" light will go off, hence turning back on your airbag.

CoolBreeze

Passed Driver's Ed
is there a VAG COm code to just undo the light?
if not, I'm, goona take a marker or something to it, to try and darken it down... such a bad spot and so bright at night!!

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
i doubt it for something like that. i dunno, it's not THAT bright, but whatever floats your boat. you could always keep a bag of play sand on your seat when driving around at night :tongue:

CoolBreeze

Passed Driver's Ed
lol...OEM VW Sand!!!! new accessory...lol
I think I'll try to tone it down with a marker....

HipMkV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 CW GTI
i doubt it for something like that. i dunno, it's not THAT bright, but whatever floats your boat. you could always keep a bag of play sand on your seat when driving around at night :tongue:

Hahaha ^^. It doesnt bother me, but to each his own. I used to put my bag from school on it with several books and it would stay on, the bag must have weighed around 20-25 lbs with the books