GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Airbag Fault fees?

SAB

Airbag fault light came up and yes I know there are a bunch of threads on how to fix this with the bat leads and wat knot, but I mite be trying to sell up soon and am trying to keep an honest log book with proof 'vw' looked at it. Problem is despite the $150 'diagnosis' fee, which I can understand, wat the frig in underseat 'wiring' costs $100. Hopefully someone can explain to me in some depth despite labour costs what parts would cost approx that much? Sorry if I seem a bit spewy over $100/hijacking thread stream but thats a fair chunk of my rent.

Dealership: VW Osborne Park Perth

Maverick

Go Kart Champion
Airbag fault light came up and yes I know there are a bunch of threads on how to fix this with the bat leads and wat knot, but I mite be trying to sell up soon and am trying to keep an honest log book with proof 'vw' looked at it. Problem is despite the $150 'diagnosis' fee, which I can understand, wat the frig in underseat 'wiring' costs $100. Hopefully someone can explain to me in some depth despite labour costs what parts would cost approx that much? Sorry if I seem a bit spewy over $100/hijacking thread stream but thats a fair chunk of my rent.

Dealership: VW Osborne Park Perth

A replacement air bag wiring loom would easily cost $100.

What does it say on your invoice?

NahbutsGTI

EUROTHRASH
Car(s)
MkV GTI 6spd
Dont they have to plug something into your airbags on your seat so it does not blow up when they remove the seat? That might be it?
But Maverick would know... so what does it say on the invoice?

GTI_SS

illektronik
Car(s)
APR Edition 30 GTI M
Dont they have to plug something into your airbags on your seat so it does not blow up when they remove the seat?

No. Seats can easily be removed without having VW do anything. Disconnect battery, let sit for 1/2 hour (incase), unplug heater/airbag connectors & remove 4 bolts per seat.

Having not seen it in person, hard to say what the fault was, but $100 for the loom is not a bad thing if it was faulty.