GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

air conditioning unit died.

gtiTom

The Average Asian
Car(s)
VW MK5 GTI
Alright, just got back from hawaii 2 days ago and our air condition unit broke. The temperature is in the 80s in my area in maryland and feels like 90 in my house. Just curious... since heat rises, would turning the bathroom fans on and opening windows help ? ( duh for the windows.. ) What exactly does a bathroom fan do anyway? >_>

:eek: dying

MachSchnell

Rally Car Champion
In my house the bathroom fan eradicates the atrocities I commit after too much coffee. :evil:

I think an attic fan will help more than the bathroom fan.

gtiTom

The Average Asian
Car(s)
VW MK5 GTI
Theres an attic fan? lol..

Hmm.. my computer is overheating even with the case open... just adds the heat to it :frown:

Where does the air go after passing through the vent in the bathroom fan?

P.S. well this is different than cars lol

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
:laughabove: Good one MachSchnell. 101 way to use Coffee: Use No:12- As a bowel stimulant. My last ex-gf had to shit every time she had just a cup of it. It happens to me sometimes as well. But she was like clockwork.

gtiTom, if you have a finished basement camp out down there. Or go by a new air conditioner. A highly doubt a bathroom fan can make a large enough impact to affect the whole house temp.

If you don't go and get a new air conditioner like you should. Then opening all the windows at night and then closing them all in the morning and putting the shades down usually traps the cooler air in for a little while.

gti5dr06

Autocross Newbie
gtiTom..before we fixed our AC 3 years back..every summer was terrible since the ac was just weak..not much you can do but run fans all the time facing you..try to open the windows but only after dark..other than that..camp in the basement

VdaWg

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Get yourself a Vornado Fan asap. Don't drink too much coffe in that heat as well, you'll be getting the shits every hour.:evil:

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
Speaking of A/C........

Does anyone elses CAR A/C just not satisfy? Damn, to me there is just nothing cold about it. Is there some trick I'm missing? I've turned off the glovebox and armrest vents etc. I'll have the thing on full blast when It's 90 degrees and 128% humidity, and I still stick to my seat,

gtiTom

The Average Asian
Car(s)
VW MK5 GTI
Releasing body waste in the heat is such a pain... makes you feel like 10 degrees hotter.

Anyway, its quite cool down in the basement.. Full blown out theatre with seats ... i dont know why i didnt think of that before... meh, im a comp nerd.

gtiTom

The Average Asian
Car(s)
VW MK5 GTI
MHS216 said:
Speaking of A/C........

Does anyone elses CAR A/C just not satisfy? Damn, to me there is just nothing cold about it. Is there some trick I'm missing? I've turned off the glovebox and armrest vents etc. I'll have the thing on full blast when It's 90 degrees and 128% humidity, and I still stick to my seat,

Hmm.. ive been hearing about all these A/C problems where the air just aint right.. its either too cold or it aint working as it should be. I believe mine falls under the too cold category.. but i guess i have the knob at 65 -_-. Are your vents open ? Slide it to the right if its not.

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
I have the low-tech system with the turn dials (package 1) I have it always set to 64, coming out the main vents, fully open. Maybe this is something to mention at my next service ::adds to his list of growing "issues"::

gtiTom

The Average Asian
Car(s)
VW MK5 GTI
I have package 1 too.. man that little knob looks kinda .. nvm :confused:

I think it would be best too to mention at the checkup. How hot is it outside usually for you?