GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aftermarket Dvd player

nakti

Passed Driver's Ed
Just bought a Aftermarket DVD player for my car and its working fine, one problem is that when i turn off the ignition switch, the radio is still on and I need to turn it off manually, and turn it on manually when I start Ignition. What can be the problem ? The Stock audio player for the car is working fine. I have tried to switch the cables from the aftermarket harness same issue.

GTi R Enigma

Profitier...
Car(s)
CW 07 GTi 5dr HB
Bad wiring. Need to check the wiring diagram to make sure you are wired correctly

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

fazalwahab

Ready to race!
Hi it's not a CANBUS wiring harness.

I think there is a cable with relay which goes to your ignition. Not sure about exact wiring. others can help. Just a thought.

There are two power souces : A switched power and a constant power. Switched power is the one which is missing in your install or not working..

nakti

Passed Driver's Ed
I think there is a cable with relay which goes to your ignition. Not sure about exact wiring. others can help. Just a thought.

There are two power souces : A switched power and a constant power. Switched power is the one which is missing in your install or not working..

Hi checked the cables, and the yellow is 12v and the red is ignition wire. both has power so the cable is working, the thing is I need to switch the cables, I will try and see. Thank you

DrtyNinja

Filangies... do my werk..
Oh I'm sorry... This isn't in a Mkv??? I was confused as this is a Mkv forum.. That being said if you are installing a radio in ANY Mkv you NEED a canbus harness.. All the powers in these cars are done through data.

This is NOT the right plug

This IS the right plug

Switch lead is not existent without the canbus piece..

Read up