GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AEM's How Water Meth injection works video

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
AEM recently put this video out. Should help explain a lot for anyone with questions on the matter.

GTi R Enigma

Profitier...
Car(s)
CW 07 GTi 5dr HB
im sold whos got one for me..

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Enthusiastic voice too makes me wanna run out buy it lol

Stampedevxl

RACECAR > STANCECAR
Car(s)
really?
saw this when i first heard about them, cool stuff!

sounds to good to be true to be honest

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
honestly its too good not to have rather than too good to be true

Stampedevxl

RACECAR > STANCECAR
Car(s)
really?
i kinda want it now, but hows does one go about adding this? is it something an average joe can do? or a good shop should do? and how would i figure out the water and meth %?

Alik4041

Habibi!
Car(s)
08 Jetta Wolfsburg
Everything I heard from that video is 100% true.

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
i kinda want it now, but hows does one go about adding this? is it something an average joe can do? or a good shop should do? and how would i figure out the water and meth %?

the guys at the shop installed it for me ... most ppl use a 50/50 mix ...

steelcurtain

Go Kart Champion
Man, I haven't sprayed since my TB took a shit 2 weeks ago. This video is making me

steelcurtain

Go Kart Champion

Nothing you couldn't do yourself with vag com and help from us. Assuming you have half a brain.

Stampedevxl

RACECAR > STANCECAR
Car(s)
really?
good to hear! but first i need the 100 profile on my tune

i've wanted W/M injection for a while now but from what I've read, it needs to be checked more frequently than a low capacity catchcan in winter.

please correct me if im wrong though :thumbsup:

roruss08gti

Have you been RickRolled?
Car(s)
08 GTI
There are some precautions you need to know. Although W/M is a great way to do all that the video said it would do, but be careful.
1. Some people like to take their intake manifold and do direct injection, however this does not give the "Spray" enough time to atomize into the molecular form.
2. On the other hand, the aftermarket throttle body pipe has a bung hole specifically made for the injection nozzle. This is a great location as it is far enough away from the intake manifold and combustion chambers to atomize however this may cause a problem down the road.
The throttle body flappers are made of plastic and over time, the methanol can deteriorate the plastic and make it expand and contract. Too much of this and the flap can either expand and get lodged open or even worse, make it so brittle that it breaks into pieces and gets ingested into the cylinders.

The solution? There is a bracket that you can buy that is installed after the throttle body and before the intake manifold. This bracket has a bung hole for the injection nozzle. This is still far enough away to allow the W/M to atomize and be as useful as the video says it is but after the throttle body so as to not effect the flap.