GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

advice on springs on stock susp

oldskool (sce)

Batmobile
Car(s)
2008 MK5 GTI !!!
If i run h and r springs on my stock shocks or any aftermarket performance sprngs on my stock shocks is it true that it will blow your stock sspension in like 40k miles ?
ive herd running springs on stock shocks will wear your stock shocks out faster.

then ive herd that its all a lie but the people that i talk to havnt had the springs on for more then 10k miles so how would i know ????

Der Gladiator

Ready to race!
That is to be true. Springs-only mod tends to wear more quickly shocks.

What year is your car? If you have a 2006-2007 car or an early 2008, perhaps you can fit euro springs/2008.5 springs. They are lower (gives the same ride height as a 2008.5 or a 2009) and it will not harm anything.

To be sure, can someone confirm than 2006/2007/early2008 and post 2008.5 share same shocks?

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
bilstein sports and hr race for ultimate performance, lowest drop and harshest ride
koni fsd's and eibach pro-kit for most comfortable ride and not very low drop
good middle ground - koni yellows and eibach sportlines (or neuspeed sport or hr sport or supersport)

supaflip

WWAATTAAHH!!!
i had h&r sport springs for 30k miles with stock shocks. when i got coils installed we checked my stock shocks' condition and they are still good.

hyeedo818

Passed Driver's Ed
I meant which will give less body roll on turns a sway bar (front) or H&R/neuspeed sport springs? Keep in mind my car is a lease. thanks

supaflip

WWAATTAAHH!!!
I meant which will give less body roll on turns a sway bar (front) or H&R/neuspeed sport springs? Keep in mind my car is a lease. thanks

rear sway bar. bsh's 27mm rsb will do it. springs will not really give you less roll if you're in stock shock. if u have the $ go for a sping and a rsb but you'll put more stress in you stock shock (imean if you drive agressively on turns)

Last edited:

oldskool (sce)

Batmobile
Car(s)
2008 MK5 GTI !!!
bilstein sports and hr race for ultimate performance, lowest drop and harshest ride
koni fsd's and eibach pro-kit for most comfortable ride and not very low drop
good middle ground - koni yellows and eibach sportlines (or neuspeed sport or hr sport or supersport)

I herd that the eibach pro kit isnt as stiff as the others but is makes handling amazing. my dads freinds got an A3 with the eibach pro kit that includes shocks springs and sway bars he said its like a half inch drop and helps the handling alot

hyeedo818

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey so, what would you say im better off with $200 neuspeed springs or $250 hr springs
or a $250 rear sway bar? The car is a lease and which ones going to cost more to get installed? Thanks

supaflip

WWAATTAAHH!!!
Hey so, what would you say im better off with $200 neuspeed springs or $250 hr springs
or a $250 rear sway bar? The car is a lease and which ones going to cost more to get installed? Thanks

if u live in LA, Ca go to the california section and ask members that can help you install the springs/sway bar for cheap.

i'm selling my h&r sport springs for $120 shipped if you u want a use one. as for a sway bar installation it's alot easier to DIY than installing springs.

hyeedo818

Passed Driver's Ed
hey, I think im goanna hang off of springs, this morning my power steering yelow light went on and the steering was unnaturally heavy. After skoo 8 hours later it worked fine. =\